Well, it is official. Our brackets are shot. We have no teams in the Final Four. This is the first time in years that we have not had a single team from our brackets in the Final Four. Of course, this year there are no number one or two seeds. The teams are Butler, VCU, Kentucky, and UConn. Who would have ever thought that? The good news is that I beat Steve this year. Well, it was only by one. He had 33 wins, and I had 34 wins. You can't have a closer race.
Today was a very lazy day around the Doss house. We didn't wake up until about 9:30 this morning. That's the latest I have slept in forever. We fixed waffles and scrambled eggs for brunch. Everyone ate their fill. After that, we just piddled around the house until it was nap time. We napped and watched the two games on TV today. Oh my gosh. They were surprising games. I never ever dreamed that VCU would beat KU. Well, as a Tiger, I was wishing, but as a basketball fan, I was stunned. After the games, we had supper. I put a roast in the Crockpot, and it had been cooking all day. It sure was good. Luckily, there was just enough leftover for my lunch tomorrow. I have been taking great lunches lately.
Steve is really tired. He has only been out of bed to go to the restroom and eat. It is that time in the cycle. He finishes his steroids tonight and usually after that he is on the road to recovery. It really bothers him when he is so tired on the weekends since that is when I am home. I keep telling him not to worry about it. I have plenty to do at home and enjoy just spending time with him. I know he will get better as time goes one, so it doesn't bother me. I think part of his problem is the weather. When the weather is beautiful, he feels like going outside and piddling around more. I can't wait for spring to be here to stay.
Just got a call from my mother. She said it was snowing at the Lake of the Ozarks, Laurie. She said it has been snowing on and off all day. It is not sticking, but it is being a nuisance. She also told me that she was going to have to have a colonoscopy. She is having issues with her colon. She went to a local doctor, and they are scheduling her test on Monday. I am not sure how the scheduling goes there. It could be this week or after. You know how that goes. She said the doctor told her not to worry he didn't think it was cancer. It said it was colitis (not sure that is the correct spelling). I will keep you posted on the test and the test results.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment