Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pancakes Anyone?

Another cold and rainy day.  I think it will rain most of the night and then clear...that's if the weatherman was right.  Today Steve and Elizabeth went to Grandma's and Grandpa's for lunch.  They picked up a pizza and headed south.  Grandma made butterhorns (they even brought a plate full home to share...lucky me).  It was a nice peaceful visit.  After the visit, Steve came home to rest, and Elizabeth came to the middle school to help one of our clubs make pillow cases.  The only thing they got done today was cutting out.  Middle schoolers are not fast cutter outers.  We are going to work on them again next Tues. and Thursday.  I think they will like the finished projects.  For supper, we went to the Presbyterian church for a pancake supper.  Yum it was good.  They had plain, chocolate chip, and coffee cake pancakes.  They also had sausage and French toast.  It was fun.  We sat with a friend of ours mother.  She is a great woman and always a good time.  We ate until we couldn't eat anymore.  Now we are watching a basketball game waiting for Top Shot at 9.

I think all in all, Steve had a good day.  He was not tired until we got home, which was about 7:30.  That was a late dinner.  It was a busy day with his trip to Freistatt and then to dinner.  That is pretty good for him.  Did I mention they changed his medicine for his? nuropathy?  (For the life of me, I can't figure out how to spell that).  They have increased his nerve medicine.  He now takes 6 a day:  2 in a.m., 2 at lunch, and 2 at night.  We are introducing this to him a little at a time.  We have been doing the 2 in the a.m. since Friday.  Tomorrow he will add the extra pill at lunch.  We will do this for 3 or 4 days.  After that we will add the extra at night.  The only way we would not do that it if he gets dizzy.  When he gets dizzy we are supposed to stop with that dosage.  He notices a little difference with the addition of one pill.  Hopefully, the additional 3 pills a day will make it a lot easier on him.  I know his feet are his main complaint besides always being tired.  I know from talking to people about the nuropathy that it is very painful.  I pray that we will be able to get this pain under control.

I don't know of the plans they have tomorrow.  I know Samurai goes to the groomers.  He needs a good bath and a serious brushing.  He will be such a handsome dog when I pick him up after school.  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment