Friday, March 18, 2011

Great Aunt and Uncle

Good news from the Doss family.  David's daughter, Jennifer, had her baby today.  Sloane Elizabeth was born this morning.  Mother and daughter are doing fine.  Steve called David this evening so he got the scoop.  Amelia and Elizabeth were in Springfield, so they stopped by to visit.  They said she was a cutie.  She was dressed up with a big bow in her head.  This makes us great uncle and aunt 7 times over, which means that Grandma and Grandpa are Greats 8 times over.  (Aubree doesn't count on our aunt and uncle tally)  We are so happy for Blake and Jennifer.  The Doss family just keeps growing.  Isn't it amazing that two people can "sprout" a family that just grows and grows and grows.  Just think, we now have (counting the boys):  Tim:  12,  Mike:  4,  Steve: 6 and David 9.  That's a total of 33 counting Grandma and Grandpa.  They should be so proud of their family.   When I joined the Doss family in 1993 we were only a total of 19.  It is when the third generation starts marrying and having babies that the family really starts to grow.  We still have 7 grandkids not married.    Just thin how big the Doss family will be in the next couple of generations.  I hope that our side of the Doss family will be as big one day.  It is so cool being an Opa and Oma that it would be wonderful to be a Great Opa and Oma.  Someday!!!!  All this reminds me of the Lampe family.  They are a big spread too.  Once again, it amazes me how two people can change the world.

Steve had a very busy day today.  The house cleaners came today, so he had to find something to do that was not upstairs.  Usually, he goes down and practices his pool, but not today.  He mowed part of the front yard.  When I got home, I noticed that the upper level was mowed.  I originally thought Elizabeth did it, but no.  He said it didn't bother him.  He did say he went very slow.  He would have mowed the whole front yard except he couldn't bend down to pick up the downed sticks in the yard.  Thank God for that.  He is really wiped out tonight.  Besides mowing, he has been glued to the basketball games.  He has been obsessed with it.  He did not take a nap today, but is sound asleep now.  In fact, he has been out since about 6:00.  I guess all the fresh air and movement wore him out.  Also, last night he had several coughing fits, which caused him to get sick to his stomach.  It is caused by drainage that he gets from being on his back or side during the night.  He did not sleep very well.  He always coughs in the mornings, but not so long and hard that he gets sick.  This was new.  I am planning on mentioning it to Dr. Hoos next Thursday.

I must comment on our house cleaners: Deb's Cleaning Service out of Aurora.   They are wonderful.  They do a nice job for us every other week.  My problem now is do I keep them on during the summer.  Remember my reason for getting them is I didn't have time to do it all.  With no school, I should have time to keep the house.  I do however love that they do it, and we ( say we because Steve and Elizabeth have been doing it lately) only have to vacuum or dust between cleanings.  What does a girl do?

I will fill you in on our brackets.  I am still ahead by one.  I must confess, I am a little worried that he might beat me this year.  Koleen told him to cheat because I was getting cocky since I win every year.  Luckly, he has good morals and won't do that.  Although, he did use a bunch of the "expert" picks from ESPN, which makes him made because they have been wrong.  There are still a couple of games left for tonight.  We have been upset several times.  Last night I mentioned a couple, but again today we have been ambushed.  There are games on four channels so I know just switching the channels wears him out.  He hates the remote.    I must also tell you that I am already sick of the same commercials over and over and over.  The only one I like is the Mc Donald's one with Larry Bird.  I remember watching him play in college and the pros.  It makes me feel old.  I'm not sure they make players like they used to.  I mean maybe athletically they are equal, but over all character seems to be lacking.  Don't even get me started on the NFL deal.  I have decided that it will not upset me if I never see another game.  Adrian Peterson referring to the league as "modern day slavery".  Please, walk a day in my shoes, and they will appreciate the millions that they make.  Let's face it, they leave school with out school debt because they get their education for free and they get more for signing than I make in years.  Oh, sorry.  I said don't get me started.  I really get worked up about this.

I just realized that when Steve is sleeping, I tend to post longer posts. I guess that is because there is really nothing else to do than to talk to you, friend.  This has been great therapy for me.  I can't tell you how I look forward to telling you about our days.  The best part is, as the year had progressed, my posts have been telling better news...Steve is getting better.  I know this is because of all your prayers.  We would be lost without your support.  We are so blessed.  Thank you for being there for me during the good and bad.  You make my heart smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment