Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rainy Day

Today we had Aubree's birthday party.  I know you are saying "finally".  Well, the first party came during the blizzard of 2011 and no one could get down our road to party.  We are a little behind in celebrating.  She went to TX for two weeks, and we have to work around the every other weekend plan.  It was a princess party.  The tablecloth, plates, and cake all had princesses.  Aubree had a wonderful time.  She had three friends come over:  Ava, Emma and Elle.  The girls played great together.  Jeff and his boys: Jeffrey and Josh, came so did Grandma and Grandpa.   Opa grilled hotdogs to go with the chips, dip, cake and ice cream.  She got some really nice presents.  She was disappointed that she was only 4.  She wants to be 5.  We told her next birthday.

After the party, Opa was really tired.  Again he went to bed to nap but stayed up to watch the games.  He is really tired and his right foot is killing him.  He thinks his foot hurting is causing him to have bad headaches.  I'm not sure.  Another question for Dr. Hoos.  It is really kind of strange.  His legs are hot to the touch, but he is really cold.  He thinks he might be trying to catch a cold or worse.  I heard that we are still in the middle of another flu breakout.  They say you feel really tired and then your throat starts to hurt.  So far, no throat aches, so hopefully if it is anything, it is only a cold.    I still think the weather has a lot to do with the leg and foot pain.  I wish the feet and legs didn't bother him because if that were the case, he would have no complaints.

  I must tell you that as of now, I am still one ahead of him.  I have 28 wins and he has 27.  One more day and then we get several days off for travel.  Wouldn't it be nice if they changed the commercials with the  Sweet Sixteen so we don't have to sit though 8 more games of the same commercials.  I doubt they will, but one can always hope.  It was funny today at the party, Grandpa was talking about the Larry Bird commercial.  We thought it aged us that we knew who he was, but we had no idea who the other two players were.  HA!  Just the opposite of the generation that the commercial is designed to target.

Elizabeth is putting the hem in her first dress.  It is really cute.  I was planning on taking a picture to post, but my camera says my card is full.  I am not sure what to do, so it might take me a day to get the picture here.  She has several other projects in mind.  I think she likes doing the patterns her own way rather than following their directions.  She made several "adjustments" to this dress that were not part of the ideas from the pattern company.  She seems to like it when she does not have to do it their way. Imagine that!

Oh, still no martins.  We keep checking the houses but no scouts.  Speaking of animals, last night we had a opossum on the back porch on the step looking at Samurai.  He was not afraid one bit.  WeNeedless to say, he did not like it one bit.  Steve got up and was going to shoot him, but he escaped before I could get the gun to my sharp shooter.  In the middle of the night, we both are kind of slow.  :)  Once the opossum was gone, all of us went back to sleep and the night was normal.  I sure hope the little bugger does not come back tonight, but we are ready if he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment