That was the theme of the yard work being done at our house today. Steve used the leaf blower and cleaned out the hot tub porch, around the house, the north garden, and more. He said it was not very hard on him, but tonight he is kind of gimpy and walks like an old man. After he blew, he chopped up the leaves with the mower. That might have contributed to his gimpiness...the bumping and all. The yard looks nice where he mowed and got rid of the leaves. I have a feeling that he will be paying for all the activity and movement. I only hope he is not really sore. When I got home, he and Elizabeth were playing pool. Steve beat her. I didn't get the details, so it must not have been a butt kicking. After that, we went and sat on the back porch. It sure was a beautiful evening.
We had spaghetti for dinner. We all like it different, so we have several types of things to mix in the sauce. We had hamburger, black olives, pepperoni, or you could have just plain sauce. We use angel hair pasta. Luckily, there was enough leftover for my lunch tomorrow. After supper, Elizabeth, Samurai, and I went for a walk. We walked to the end of our road and back. It was nice, but my knee started to hurt. While we were walking, Steve watched Missouri State get beat in the NIT. He is now watching American Pickers. I sure miss the ball games. Mike and Frank drive me CRAZY.
Our friends that live southeast of us had martins. We still do not. Hopefully soon. I think we would be lost with out our colony. They are so fun to watch and listen to. Besides, if the martins don't come, I'll have to let the sparrows build nests in my gourds. I constantly have Steve on the watch for them.
Monday, March 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment