Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Seasons Over

We just got back from Willard.  The boys and girls basketball teams both played tonight.  The boys played Strafford and lost by 3 point.  It was a very exciting game.  We have one senior on our team.  He is a great kid.  I had him in 6th grade.  I was very proud of him the games we got to watch this year.  The newspaper said he will play next year at SBU in Bolivar.  Way to go MJ!  The girls played after the boys. They played Fair Grove and lost by 1 point.  Talk about a nail bitter.  I also had several of the senior girls.  A couple in 6th grade and one in first grade when I was at Freistatt.  My how fast they grow up.  I am happy to say that they are nice young women and will go far in life.  I need to thank all the boys and girls on the teams "thank you" for a great season.  I know we did not make it to very many games, but we truly enjoyed the one we were fortunate enough to see.

Steve did make it through both games and the ride to Willard and back.  His back started hurting, but he toughed it out and finished the last game.  We got home about 9:40 and we headed straight to bed.  I am so proud of him for making so many games recently.  It proves to me that he is just getting stronger by the day.  Next year, we will be able to attend way more games.  Can't wait till next year!

I am sure tomorrow will be a rest day for Steve.  He has earned it.  Today Aubree came home from school early and spent the afternoon with Opa.  Tia took "pupcakes"  (cupcakes) to preschool today for Aubree's treat.  She also took little gift bags and drinks.  Aubree loved it.   I got to see Aubree for a little while before we left for the game.  Opa got a milky kiss when we left.  I told her I didn't want a milky kiss, so I just got a plain one, which is much better than a milky one.

No comments:

Post a Comment