Another week started. It was a strange morning. There was snow on the ground. Now, don't panic, school was not cancelled and the roads were not slick. In fact, this spring snow was gone by lunchtime. I was secretly hoping that we would have a snow day. I know I could use a break day, and I know the kids could use one too. Oh, well only four more days until Saturday. I can last if I have to. :) I guess the bad part is we are reviewing for MAP. I think I hate it as much as the kids. I try to make it fun, but give me a break, grammar and mechanics can only be so fun.
Steve had a bad day today. He has been really really tired. He is also a little wobbly on his feet because of the fatigue. I know he slept most of the day today-my spies Elizabeth and Koleen keep me up to date on his activities or lack of activities. He is sleeping now. He got up for a leftover dinner and went back to bed. We were discussing this at dinner, and we think that the last two times have hit him harder than the ones in the past except when he had the Cisplatin. I'm not sure why, but it is true. He is a little sad that he is so tired. Like I have said before, I am not worried. I know how far he has come since our hospital stay. We looked at pictures last night. It is really a miracle how good he looks and acts compared to a year ago. We are truly blessed. I know tomorrow will be a better day as he gains his energy back little by little.
Funny story...I went to the Veteran's Home after school for my weekly visit. I saw several of my friends. One friend is a KU alum. and actually played football there. He was telling me that humans came for apes. I told him I didn't believe that. He laughed and said he had a thick book that said so. It was by some guy named Darwin. I laughed and told him he was crazy and that this sounded like nonsense they would teach at KU. He got a great big grin on his face, and then switched the subject to the KU ball game. We always joke about the KU/MU "hatred". Everything I say that he disagrees with I learned at MU and the same is true for him. It is funny that we are probably 40 years apart in age, and know and respect the KU/MU "hatred". I always tell him that I'm his friend when I am there, but if anyone asks from the outside, I will deny even knowing him. Why would a Tiger want to be friends with a Jayhawk. Comments like that always make him smile and laugh. We are friends, bur we have the instinct to agree to disagree without it ever being said. :) I always look forward to talking with him and all my other friends at the MVVH. I am so lucky to have the opportunity to have these people in my life. They have made me appreciate all the freedoms that I enjoy daily. I think that without these brave men and women, we would probably be speaking German, Japanese, or Italian. I am equally thankful to the men and women that help protect those freedoms today. It is people like them that make me proud to be an American.
Monday, March 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment