Wednesday, September 21, 2011

You are not going to believe this

I have two "You are not going to believes".

The first is we have had over 7000 views on PeaGoulash!!!! Like I say every time, we are so amazed at the number of people who read about our life.  The thought really makes us smile.  Thanks.

The second thing is.....Tonight while Steve and I were sitting outside on the steps on the back porch, we had the most incredible thing happen...three times.  Out of nowhere an owl flew out of the woods to our left and right into the opening in front of us.  There he caught a bat in midair and flew back into the woods.  Steve and I just sat there with our mouth hanging open.  For a few minutes we didn't know what to say.  We were freaked out.  We couldn't believe our eyes.  We stayed outside visiting and about 5 minutes later an owl flew out of the woods again and started to land in a tree in our backyard.  When he got to the tree, he changed his mind and flew back into the woods.  Once again we were speechless.  We love owls and couldn't believe our luck...two sightings in one night within 5 minutes. Talk about lucky, lucky lucky.  Well, don't leave your computer just yet.  When we were getting ready to go inside and preparing to get up, that owl flew right over the top of us and over the house into the front yard.  My goodness, we were really blessed with owl sightings tonight.  You know, if we had planned on seeing owls, we would have never laid eyes on one.  We have been hearing them in the woods in the evenings, but we have never seen one.  I am so excited about the possibility of seeing the owls more often and up close.  I am going to have to study owls to figure out how to attract them.  Do you think it can be done?

I got a text from Tom today and Lorene got her port put in today.  I was wrong on the date.  I thought it was tomorrow.  Sorry.  The text said she was doing fine.  They were going to run some more test and hopefully start her treatments next week.

Steve had a good day today.  He rested and took it easy. He said he only had one coughing fit and that it was because he was in the Man Cave cleaning out the sawdust.  Now he is sitting watching Young Guns and eating Chex mix.  By eating, I mean he is picking out the pieces he wants and eating those special parts.  He likes the nuts.  He put peanuts and cashews in this batch.  Like I have said many times before, he is an excellent chef.  We know his specialities, to date, are no bakes and Chex mix.  How can a girl go wrong with a catch like that?

You can rest easy tonight because I don't have any soapboxes to get on.  I'm sorry I rambled last night about the banned books.  You know, next week is National Banned Book Week.  Celebrate by reading a banned book today.  If you can't think of one, give me a call.  I have a few I can suggest!  Here are some lists encase you are interested.
Books Challenged and/or Banned - 2010-2011 (PDF)Books Challenged and/or Banned - 2009-2010 (PDF) Books Challenged and/or Banned - 2008-2009 (PDF) 
Books Challenged and/or Banned - 2007-2008 (PDF) 
Books Challenged and/or Banned - 2006-2007 (PDF) 
Books Challenged and/or Banned - 2005-2006 (PDF) 
Books Challenged and/or Banned - 2004-2005 (PDF) 


Happy reading!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment