Sunday, September 11, 2011

Royal Picnic

We just came from a "Royal Picnic".  That is what Aunt Mary called our family dinner this evening.  It truly was royal if you count the Lampe family as Royal.  Aunt Doris, Uncle Melbert, Grace, Pete, Uncle Al, Aunt Mary, Tim, Deb, Mike, Lorna, Kaleb, Kyle, Steve, Janie, David Tammie.  (Kim's stopped by after supper).  We had a great visit.  It was sure nice to see Aunt Mary and Uncle Al.  It is hard to believe that the last time we saw them was at the Lampe reunion.  I can't stress enough how much fun the reunion was.  Uncle Al and Aunt Mary are making a tour through Missouri and visiting the sisters.  They were up at Lockwood last night and will spend tonight in Freistatt.  Here is a picture of the Royal Picnic.
Left to Right:  Aunt Doris, Uncle Melbert, Kyle, Kaleb, Grandpa, David, Tammie, Tim, Deb, Lorna, Mike, Uncle Al, Aunt Mary, Steve, and Grandma.

We had an ok day today.  We did not go to church.  I went out in the yard and worked in my two gardens.  It was finally cool enough to weed and get rid of some of the dead stuff.  They look much better now.  I also filled all the feeders and filled the bird bath again.  I also took down the hummingbird feeder.  My hummers need to start migrating.  I will miss them, but it is what is best.
Steve rested today in preparation for the family dinner.  I did get some sewing done.  I finished the machine sewing on the fall table runner.  All I have left to do is fix the binding.  I also made two Halloween hand towels.  I fixed my MU purse so I can now carry it.  MIZ-ZOU!!!!

After dinner, we left and came home to rest.  We were sitting outside and had visitors.  We had at least 20 bluebirds at the bird feeders and bath.  They were so fun to watch.  I took 35 pictures.  I can't post any since I put them on my computer and now can't find them.  Sometimes I hate technology.   If and when I find them, I will post them.  Would you believe i even deleted them from my camera.

I have school tomorrow.  Hopefully, Steve will be able to rest.  He stops taking his steroids tonight and he always feel better after he is  off them.  We have not heard when his scan is.  It is supposed to be a typical week weather wise so hopefully he can spend sometime outside when he feels better.  I do not know what projects he is going to work on next.  Time will tell what his crafty mind will want to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment