It is true. Labor Day Weekend is over. I am sad to say it was not a very exciting weekend for us. Today Aubree and I took some flowers to Betty and had a short visit. After dropping Aubree off at Cody's, Steve and I went out for breakfast. (Mount Vernon Family) We came home and piddleed for a while before resting. Our rest was short since Steve invited his mom, dad, Elizabeth, Justin, Amelia and Aubree over for dinner. He grilled chicken. As usual, it was wonderful. We had a nice visit and then everyone left. Steve went back to the bedroom to watch television. We started watching Miami/Maryland game. Maryland sure has some "funky" new uniforms. They have a possible 42 combinations. At 8 we switched to Choppers, another soap opera we have started watching. Now he is in the bedroom watching Pawn Stars and I am in the front room watching the rest of the game. It is 21-23 Maryland with the 4th quarter left. I am getting a little tired so I am not sure if I will finish the game.
Steve finished the podium today. I am taking it to school tomorrow. I will take a picture of it in my classroom and post later this week. He did an excellent job. Aubree was so proud of it that she made everyone go downstairs to see it. She really does love her Opa.
This week at school should be pretty exciting. We start Wed. after school book club. It is also Spirit Week. We are having Crazy Hair Day, Green and White Day, and Support Your Favorite Team Day. I am hoping to participate on all three days. Crazy Hair Day is my least favorite. It is a day where the kids really crazy up their hair and the first 15 minutes of class is wasted as they all freak out about each other's hair. We are also starting our first writing project in four of my classes. They are writing about why they think Mt. Vernon is the best/worst place to live. I really like reading these paragraphs. It is amazing what they think is good and what they think is bad about Mt. Vernon. If they come up with any good ones, I will share. I graded about 100 journals this weekend. It is a real eye opening for me as a language teacher. Some of them are ready to jump into research papers while others are still struggling with writing a complete sentence. I do have my work cut out for me this year. I really wish they would go back to teaching handwriting in the lower grades. Some of the writing is pathetic. This is when I wish they each had laptops and I didn't have to try to read scribbles.
We should have a good weather week. The highs are in the upper 70s. This is great!
Monday, September 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment