Sunday, September 18, 2011

Coughing

Steve has really been coughing this weekend.  He thinks it is because of drainage, but I am not sure.  If he doesn't stop coughing by tomorrow, I might have to go over his head and call Dr. Hinojosa or Dr. Hoos.  I hope it is just drainage.  I think that either doctor could give him some medicine to stop the drainage and hopefully stop the coughing.  We have had to deal with this several times.  I was hoping we would not have to address this issues quite so soon.  He rested most of this morning.  After lunch, he went to a horse sale here in Mt. Vernon.  It was at a ranch just on the other side of town.  The horse owner is retiring.  Steve, Elizabeth, and Justin went.  Apparently, the horses:  brood mares, weanlings, and geldings were going for next to nothing.  He really was freaking out at how cheap they were going. He would have loved to buy a new herd for us. Thank God we don't live on the farm anymore.  We would be loaded to the hilt with new horses.  When he got home, he took a long nap.  He did not feel so well.  He ate some King Ranch Chicken for supper and then hit the bed again.  He took some Benadryl, so I may not hear from him until the morning.  I hope it knocks him out so he can sleep through the night, me too.  

It has been raining all weekend.  As of this morning, we have had a little over 5 inches of rain.  Since it rained all day, I am sure we are well over 6 now.  I will have the official report after Weatherman Steve checks his gauge in the morning.  This afternoon, the western sky was so dark.  It was that lovely color that I wish I could find in material to make a nice dress or pant suit.  I have yet to find it.  I heard it was supposed to rain until Wednesday. Samurai will be upset.  He sure hates the thunder.  This afternoon he would not settle down because it was a constant rolling.

This week should be pretty busy for us.  We  are going to Springfield on Tuesday (as long as Steve feels well).  We still need to get clothes for the wedding.  Steve wants to buy a new suit and I need something to wear...dress, pants...I am unsure.  I hope I can find something.

No comments:

Post a Comment