Monday, September 12, 2011

What a morning

I had a difficult morning.  For some reason, yesterday I had a sneezing and runny nose fit.  So last night, I took some Benadryl.  Big mistake.  I tried to get up this morning to go to the gym.  The key word being tried.  Needless to say it didn't happen.  In fact, Steve finally got in my face and told me if I didn't get up, I would be late for work.  I feel like it took until noon or so to feel normal.   I guess I will have to live with the runny nose and sneezing instead of being a zombie.  Now don't fret.  I did go to the gym after school and worked out.  You know there is no stopping me!  It tried one of the preprogramed workouts that targets your legs, arms and behind.  I can feel it in the rear now.  I am hoping I will not be sore in the morning.  I have my alarm set for 4:45 but more realistically, I will get up about 5:00.  It is easier for me to go in the mornings.

Steve had an eventful day.  He went out to lunch at Maggie Mae's with his mom, dad, Aunt Mary, Uncle Al, Aunt Doris, and Uncle Melbert.  They had a good time.  You know, Maggie Mae's always hits the spot.  Steve had the chicken enchilada special.   It was good.  He had the baked fudge for dessert.  You should feel sorry for me because while he was eating a gourmet meal, I had homemade chicken salad and cheese puffs.  :)  No, I am really glad he went.  It does him worlds of good to get out of the house.  I know he was really tired when he got home, but he rested.  Everyone came by the house before they went and got to see the swing.  Everyone was impressed with Steve's handy work.  He had to pick-up the house before they came.  I was not expecting company, and it looked lived in when I left this morning.  When I got home, it looked like my house cleaning ladies visited early.  Steve is a great house husband.   I am lucky he takes such good care of me...and the house.

Now we are watching OCC (Orange County Chopper).  Aubree just came up after her bath to give Opa his post bath sniff.  He sure likes how she smells after her bath. You know the bubble bath smell.  They sure love each other.  Aubree has a bedtime of 8:30 so she couldn't stay and watch it with us.  She is a Paulie Jr. fan just like Oma and Opa.  Secretly, our favorite is Mikie.  I think he is very under utilized.  I wish they would let him be a helper at the shop and not just the funny man.  I think he is one of those kids that meet the expectations people set for him....nothing.  If they would expect more from him, I think he would rise to the challenge and surprise everyone.  (No, you may not call me Dr. Phil)

Have I mentioned our night snack of frozen grapes?  If you have not tried them, you must. They are wonderful.  Everyone likes them including Samurai.  I bought these huge grapes the other day, and they hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment