I am enjoying a bowl of frozen grapes and watching Death at a Funeral. Talk about belly laughs. This movie always cracks me up. I love the way the storyline travels all over the place but meets up in the end. Excellent writing. At the end of some days, I just need to watch a good movie that makes my crazy life seem normal.
If you haven't noticed, I added a few things to PeaGoulash. I put the pages views and a new picture of Aubree. Hope you like the additions.
Yesterday was hectic at our house around dinner time. I made a Crockpot dinner because I knew I would be tired. Well, about the time I was fixing the gravy for the roast beef when Steve invited Elizabeth and Justin over for dinner. So we had a full table for supper. We had a good meal. After supper, Aubree wanted to show Tia and Justin that she could ride a two wheeler. Out we went. Did Aubree give us a show. She rode all over the top part of the drive. All of a sudden, down the driveway she went, little legs just pumping those peddles as fast as she could. She didn't stop at the end of the drive. Off down the road she went. She got to the end of the yard on the road and skidded to a stop. She was cracking up. Of course we were, all yelling and laughing at the same time. Good thing we live on a dead end no traffic road. She is such a silly goose. She rode around for a little while and they she and Amelia left to go to Jeff's to wish his mother a happy birthday. Elizabeth and Justin stayed for a while longer and then left. It was a busy good night.
We came inside and I crashed. I was worn out. Steve watched Top Shot. I remember hearing it but couldn't tell you a thing that happened. Tylenol PM is a great thing. I slept all through the night and didn't wake up until the alarm went off at 4:45. I did not roll out of bed until 5 and then headed off to the gym
Steve had a very very very busy day. He made another batch of no bake cookies. They turned out wonderful. Two good batches in a row. He is a wonderful cookie chef. After "baking", he ran a few errands. He also cleaned out the garage. We had a big mess pile that was between the two cars. It is funny how everything you don't know what to do with ends up in piles like that. He threw away and organized. I was in total shock when I pulled into the garage. Needless to say, he was worn out when I got home. I had book club so I was late, about 5:00. He wanted to go to KFC. I'm not a big KFC fan, but we headed off that way. I am really surprised that he wanted to go there since last time he went there for lunch, about 8 months or so ago, the Health Department was locking the doors when he got out of the car. He was willing to forgive and was craving the Long John Silver #7 combination: chicken strips, cole slaw, fries, hush puppies and crunchies. I had the white trash mashed potato bowl. It was good, but I'm not sure I'm ready to go back there anytime soon.
We had a very uneventful evening. I sat and read then took a hot bath. Steve watched television. Our weather has switched from hot to chilly. I think the high today was 60. It was rainy too. We thought we were back in Seattle except there were not beautiful blooming trees and no huge mountain in the distance :) We are supposed to be in a system that will bring us rain and cooler temperatures. This should last for a couple of weeks. We had rain today. It has been forever since we had any rain. It will be nice to wear long sleeves and hoodies. I also love sleeping with the fleece blanket. It is so fuzzy against my skin. I welcome the cooler weather.
Koleen had to go to the doctor yesterday. She has not been feeling right. She has been having headaches and her stomach has been giving her problems. They ran some blood test thinking that it might be a thyroid issue. She will not know the results of the test for a week or so. They also thought she might have lactose issues. They suggested a new diet that did not contain milk, fat, caffeine, and other bad things. They also suggested that she eat several small meals instead of 3 big meals. Her snacks should contain protein and be good for you. I am hoping that it works and relieves some of her symptoms. I'll let you know what happens and how the new food regiment is working.
We had the usual deer in the backyard this evening. We also had a young buck. This is the first time we have seen this guy. He was a forked with one brow tine. Steve thought it might be a year old. The other deer are so small. It is archery season.
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment