Today was full of showers here. Yes, we had rain showers all night and all day long. We sure were glad to get the rain. Believe me, we really needed it. It made today an excellent nap day.
The other shower I am talking about is the one we went to for Elizabeth. Amelia and I went to the shower thrown by Justin's mom. It was a delightful luncheon. A good time was had by all. It was a good opportunity for us to meet Justin's mother, grandmother, and sisters. A friend of his mother hosted the party. It was a salad and soup affair. She made wonderful pies for dessert. I had the lemon meringue. It hit the spot!
Steve worked in the Man Cave today. He has started his next project. I am not going to spoil the surprise until it is finished. I will give you a hint...once again it will be a masterpiece. Steve has had a good weekend so far. Mecum has been on non-stop (it seems like) since Thursday. Their big St. Charles sale so they have been live since Thursday. Steve has been in heaven. He has felt good on and off. He did get chilled earlier today and couldn't get warmed up. My guess is we will have to turn the heater on if it remains this cool.
I have decided to take up residence in the front room to watch some football. Missouri was not on TV today. Koleen and Shawn went to the game. It was supposed to start raining at game time. I haven't heard from them, so I am not sure if they got soaked or not. (just got a text from Kay 69-0 MIZZOU victory. She said it tied a school record. All here friends got to play. I am so glad she was there to see them play. She was really happy too) Right now I am watching the OU/FL State game. Yes, I know. I am just watching and not cheering. It is hard to "like" OU. I sure do miss Bobby B. when I watch Florida State play. I guess I will have to wait until the Capital One commercial comes on to get my Bobby fix :)
I got up early, 7, and went to the gym this morning. I just rode the elliptical for 30 minutes. I figured 30 was better than nothing. I also went to coffee to visit with my friends. I like Saturdays best because we are not as rushed, and the main topic is not school. Also so of my friends that don't come during the week, show up on Saturdays. It is always nice to see them. After I the shower, I took a nap. I slept like a log. When I woke up and looked at the alarm clock and saw 5:30, I thought to myself it was morning. I rolled back over because there was no reason to get up at 5:30 on Sunday morning. Pretty soon, I realized that is was evening. Steve was working downstairs so I went to the market. I do hate to grocery shop! I feel like I spend so much money and usually end up with little. It also seems like I buy the same thing week after week after week. Our menu doesn't seem to change. I always try to make new things, but I seem to be stuck in a rut. I will have to get online or hit the cookbooks to spice up our meals.
Not sure if we will make church tomorrow. If it is yucky outside, I doubt we will. If Steve gets chilled, it takes forever for him to warm up. I really want to have a nice quiet day. Remember, I still have to read journals. HA
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment