Steve is my Omelet Man. Tonight for dinner he fixed omelets for us. He does a wonderful job. He has special omelet pans (all the best chefs do). He has been making omelets for me since we were dating. We usually have bacon, cheese, black olives, green olives, Rotel, and mushrooms. When the kids were home, he used to make each girl's omelet special. Now when he cooks omelets, it hardly takes anytime with just two to fix. I told him that he can make omelets for me anytime. I just love them. They are so big; I can never eat the whole thing.
Fixing omelets was a good thing for him to do today. Friday was a very good day for him. He did stay home by himself while I was at school. He actually felt great. After supper, he wanted to go for a walk. We walked down our road and around the pond. It was about a mile (give or take a little). I was really proud of him. He did great. He was a little wobbly on the grass and pond bank. I held on to him, and he just wobbled. You know Stevies wobble but they don't fall down :) He slept well last night. He went to bed rather late because MU played at 9:30 pm. He did stay up for a majority of the first quarter, but then fell asleep and woke up when they scored because the television got louder. He was awake for the last few minutes and the overtime. Needless to say, we were disappointed with the end results. He did not head to the front room chair until 5 or so this morning. He did wake up at 7 and head into the bedroom. His face was really red. He did not feel well. I think he overdid it yesterday. You know how he is. He always pushes when he feels well. Today we lazed around and watched football. We saw several games. Since dinner is over, he has decided to head back to the bedroom. He did say he was footballed out for the day. I believe he is going to watch Mecum. I think cars will always out weigh football in his book.
In addition to omelets, he made a batch of no bake cookies this afternoon. He just loves those cookies. He also is the best NBC chef in this house. They turned out perfect-nice and gooey. He took a handful with him when he went back to watch Mecum. If I don't watch him, he will it half the bag tonight.
FYI, as of today, I have had 6869 hits on PeaGoulash. That is just unbelievable.
Tomorrow we are going to go to supper at Grandma and Grandpa's. Uncle Al and Aunt Mary are in town. It will be so nice to see and visit with them. I have already reminded Steve to help me remember my camera.
I have joined the new gym in town. It is soooo nice. It is huge and full of all sorts of exercise equipment. I know the big city people know what it is like to have a huge nice gym but believe me, to have one here is something big. I have been going in the mornings to use the elliptical.
They have preset workouts on them so I have gone through several of them. I am trying all to see which one I like best. I have not really used the weight machines. I tried a few this morning, but I do not have a routine. I have been researching online, but I am not committed to a routine. They have trainers there, but I have not asked them for help yet. I probably will end up doing that, but I want to have some background knowledge before hand. I am going in the mornings before school. I have be trying to get there between 5 and 5:30. Truth be told, it has been closer to 5:30, but I am always shooting for 5. Maybe next week! Steve is very supportive of this little project. I have been riding also. I sure do love my cycling. I just wish one day while I was riding, Lance Armstrong would pull up next to me and ask if he could ride with me. That would be my ultimate ride. If that ever did happen, I would probably crash and burn and embarrass myself. Realistically, he would be riding so fast, I would only see a blur go by. I am sure he coasts faster than I ride. :) Oh, well. It never hurts to dream.
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment