Happy April Fool's Day. I really dislike this "holiday". Sixth graders simply don't realize when enough is enough.
It is really peaceful at our house tonight. Everyone is gone except for Steve and me. Koleen is in St. Louis; Amelia, Aubree, and Elizabeth are in Arkansas. It is like a mini vacation for us. I told Steve we should go somewhere. He told me, "We can just go and watch TV downstairs and it will be like we are somewhere else." Typical. We have not ventured downstairs yet. I'm guessing we will save that excitement for tomorrow or Sunday. :)
Steve is feeling ok today. He played pool downstairs while the housecleaners were here. He also fixed omelets for dinner. He makes the best omelet ever. They were green olive, black olive, Rotel, cheese, and mushroom omelets. Yummy yummy. He has special omelet pans that you have to flip and stuff like that. He has always been the "Omelet Man". I'm happy for him to do it. My job is the chopper upper. I get to cut all the ingredients into small pieces so the omelet is not glumpy.
If you got to check out the eagle site today, you were lucky. Our school district blocked the whole district from watching. Apparently, so many of the teachers had it streaming in their classrooms that it slowed the whole system down to a stand still. Our System Administrator sent an email around to tell us no more. Needless to say, my kids were crushed. We had counted on having it run all day so we could see the eaglet hatch. Our administrator made a comment about those watching it slowing down the system for the ones that actually wanted to work. I was offended by this. In all honesty, my kids were cranking out the work so they could watch the eagles. It was a great motivational tool in my room. We are also disappointed because we will not be able to watch the eaglets grow. We were soooooo excited at that possibility. Oh, well, they will have to watch it at home. Hopefully, the site will post just videos of the excitement and we can watch just that part. As of the writing of this post, I do not know if any of the eggs hatched. I will tell you that before we were blocked, we saw the eggs and two of the three had peck holes in them.
Friday, April 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment