Before I begin tonight, I want to post the site to check out Kyle's senior pictures. If you go to this site, you can see a video of his pictures. Don't worry, I asked Kyle's permission before I posted this. http://blog.scottphotography.biz/index/view-post/id/138
Well, it is Thursday night, which means only one more day of school this week. WEEEE. I do however have good news and bad news. The good news is we only have 32 more days of school. The bad news is there are 32 days left until summer. HA. Oh, don't get me wrong, school is not bad. It is just that it is the two days before MAP and every teacher at MVMS is on edge. I will really be glad when MAPs are done for another year. It is such a shame that communities, schools, teachers, and students are judged based on only three days' performance. Oh, well, that is the government for you.
Steve had a good day. He worked on the weed eater for a while. If the truth be told, he was so tired he had a difficult time getting out of bed this morning. No naps is catching up with him. He is actually sleeping now. He went into the bedroom after dinner to watch Winter Wipeout. I checked on him about 6:45 and he was out. He missed one of his favorite shows. Luckily for him it was a rerun. He is very sore today. He did a lot of squatting when he and Elizabeth were working on the mower yesterday. He can hardly walk and sit without pain. I know his legs and feet hurt all the time anyway, but add this to it, and it is not good. Kind of like a day after a new workout routine. I'm sure he will be better tomorrow. A little rest always makes him feel better. We went to Hog Wild for supper. This has become Elizabeth's favorite place too. It is a shame, I don't like it. It seems like we eat there once a week. Steve had the buffet tonight. He ate two huge plates fulls. I know he was stuffed.
On the way home we drove through the river bottom between Aurora and Mt. Vernon. I just love it down there. We say a huge colony of cranes. They were nesting high in the tress above the river/creek. It was so cool. Several of the cranes were standing in the nests and were silhouetted against the sky. I just love watching birds.
Tomorrow Amelia has her allergy tests. Elizabeth is going with her to Springfield for the tests.
I do not know what Steve's plans are for tomorrow. Hopefully, he will rest with the house empty. You never know, he may have an adventure planned since there is no one hear to "tattle" on him. :)
My mother called today. She has her colon appointment on April 20th. She also said they finally have martins at the Lake of the Ozarks. She was thrilled. She does love her martins too. They love her house too. It is the perfect setting. She had the house on the seawall right next to the lake. The martins love to skim the lake for bugs early in the morning and early in the evening. She has had a colony as long as I can remember.
Before I came to post, I was downstairs on my bike. I have an inside trainer that I can set my bike in . I have my hybrid in it now. I have not been on it since I hurt my knee in September. I rode about 30 minutes. My knee really hurt at first, but as I rode it got to feeling better. I guess the real test will be tomorrow. If I can't walk, I know I will have to wait a little longer to ride again. I thought it would be wise to get some seat time in the rec room before I hit the road. It is a bad feeling to be in the ditch or away from home and unable to ride back. Both have happened to me so I know what I am talking about. I really miss riding so I am hoping my knee can take it. Maybe if I take my time and work back into the miles, I will be fine.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment