Saturday, April 30, 2011

Excitement?

It is  9:00 Saturday night.  Boy, has it been an exciting day! Not.  We have had a non eventful day.  I went to coffee this morning.  I had a good time with my friends.  Steve met me for breakfast.  Incase you do not realize this, we like to eat Saturday morning breakfast out and late.  He wanted to go to ....Red Barn, surprise.  :)  Well, I am sad to report that it was crowded, and we went to MV Family Restaurant instead.  After our exciting breakfast, I went to Alps to grocery shop and he came home to finish mowing our yard.  After the mowing and shopping, we watched the movie The Other Guys.  Steve liked it and thought it was funny. Some of the scenes made him belly laugh.  It is a funny movie.  I'm not sure I would pay to see it, but it was on satellite so it was basically free.  After the movie, Steve was hungry for Hog Wild.  Off we went for an early supper.  When we got home, he took the Mustang for a wash.  He took it to town to wash, but when he got home, he shammied it dry.  Black always looks better without the water spots.  He spoils me so much by taking such good care of me.  It was really dusty since it has not been driven in a week or so.  I don't drive the "Pony" in the rain.  The rest of the evening was spent watching Mecum and I sewed.  Talk about excitement.

He really does not feel well this evening.  I think he has over done it again, but he does not listen to me.

I am about finished with a new jacket.  I just have the hem in the bottom and the sleeves to complete.  I am using a thread that is like fishing line and it is difficult to work with.  I did not have a thread that would have looked good if it showed on the hems.  I did not want to go to Walmart or wait so I am using this different type of thread.  It is just slick and difficult for an old woman to see even with bright light.  I think I will like the jacket.  I will wear it with a red shirt and black pants or shorts.  The jacket is green with red poppies on it.  It was love at first sight when I saw it on the shelf at FM.  It was one of those that I carried around for a while until I could commit what I wanted to make out of it, but I knew I was going to make something.  Sometimes material shopping is like that.  You see something you must have and sometimes you just "settle" since you want to make something.  Usually, if I feel like I am settling, I just leave it at the store.

I am not sure if we will go to church or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment