This morning was full of surprises: one bad and one good. The bad surprise was the martin houses blew down in the night. All 16 houses were on the ground. The pole snapped off at the support pipe. It was a mess. I went out early and checked it out. As I was looking at the gourds, I turned them over and in three of them, martins flew out. They had been trapped all night long. We did not realize that the wind blew that strongly. We did get out and fix the pole. We had to cut off the support pole too. The martin houses are about 3 feet lower, but all the houses are hooked back. The hooks that fasten them to the pole were all bent. We had to bend them all back. Some were straightened. Strange. We saw the martins flying around early this morning and this evening. We are hoping that we got it back up fast enough that they did not try to find a new place to live. We had 15 flying in the sky above the house Friday night about dusk. I will keep you posted if they come back or not. All I know is if they do not come back, we will be very disappointed and sad.
Our good surprise was that Zydee stopped buy. We were getting ready to leave to go eat a late breakfast. We were in the garage getting ready to get in the car when we heard the doorbell ring. I peeked out the garage window and there was Zydee standing at the front door. It was such a nice surprise. We had some coffee and caught up and then we went to Family Restaurant for lunch. It was so good to visit with him. As I have said before, we sure do miss Zydee and Karen. We thought they were far away when they lived at the "Hills" farm, but that was nothing compared to New Zealand. I hope when Steve gets better, we can go and visit them and other friend in NZ. Zydee did tell us good news that they both will be back next year in April. I can't wait. The sad thing for Zydee is he is leaving here and going back to their winter. You see, their seasons are opposite ours. Our weather has been yucky the past couple of day. It was 40 degrees this morning while we were working on the martin houses. I know it was miserable feeding cows this morning. I thought Zydee looked good but tired. Maybe he needs to go home to rest, but I doubt it. He said that he gets home on the 19th and milks there on the 20th. He thought he might be able to stop by and visit Steve again on Tuesday as they go to the airport.
Steve had been feeling fair. On Friday he rested and was very very tired. I got home from school after 3:30 and he was resting. He woke up and said he was starving. He was wanting a Big Mac, so off to McDonalds I went. He ate all his fried and Mac. Come to find out, he did not eat anything all day. Sometimes he make me so mad. He didn't tell me when I called that he did not feel like getting out of bed and eating. I would have come home on my break if I thought he needed me. He is such a liar on the phone. He isn't always honest with me when I am at school. He says he does not want to trouble me and make me worry since I am there and he is home. I would come home if he would just tell me if he was not well. What a stubborn little boy.
Today after lunch with Zydee, we took a little nap. After the nap and dinner we went down to visit Grandma and Grandpa. It was a short visit, but always nice to see them. Yesterday was their 60th wedding anniversary. Can you believe that? 60 years of marriage. They should be so proud of that.
When we got home Steve went to rest, and I went to cut out some new material. I cut out a new dress and a pair of pants. I am hoping to sew tomorrow. I doubt we will go to church in the morning. Steve never feels like it right after chemo. It is also Conformation Sunday. That means it will be a long and crowded service.
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment