Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ya Gotta Love Chuck Norris

As I am posting this evening, we are just finishing The Delta Force.  Gotta love Chuck.  We get a kick at how hokey the stunts are now, but when it first came out in 1986 it was high tech.  There are a bunch of movies like that.  Anyway, Chuck will always be a favorite.  I love him in Dodgeball.

I was looking and it has been several days since I posted.  My excuse it, I have not felt well.  I have had a killer sore throat, and I think I had a fever on Monday and Tuesday.  I went to school since I do not have any days for me to miss.  I am on emergency leave when the miss is for Steve, but if it is for me, it costs a full day's pay and that is way to much to miss just because I do not feel well.  As the days have passed, I have felt better.  In fact, I am almost my old self now.  I just hope and pray that I don't give what I have to Steve.  The last thing he needs is sickness from me.

Monday and Tuesday, Steve went turkey hunting.  He love to hunt.  I am so glad he got to go.  We set up his blind on Sunday and had it in the perfect spot... not far to walk from the truck and a great view of the area.  He didn't get  a shot on Monday, but he brought home a turkey on Tuesday.  It was huge.  The beard was 12 inches long.  The spurs were huge also.  He breasted it out and we had turkey breast for dinner.  He filleted it out and then put it in an egg milk mixture and then rolled it in Rice Crispies.  Then he browned them in a skillet.  After they were nice and brown, he put them in the oven to finish cooking.  I made gravy out of the drippings, and he make corn on the cob and Stove Top stuffing.  It was a meal fit for a queen.  When he was at the stove cooking, I could not help singing..."I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, and never let you forget you're a man, cause I'm a woman.  W-O-M-A-N. "  :)  Of course he didn't think it was as funny as I did.  The meal was delicious.  I was so proud of him for the hunt and wonderful dinner.

The hunting wore him out, but he has been a busy boy.  He mowed again today.  He almost got the whole yard finished.  He would have finished except he got cold.  He also went with Elizabeth to get her motorcycle.  He also had lunch with his mother and father.  A busy little bee.  He has been feeling ok, but I am worried that he will bottom out soon.  I hope I am wrong and he keeps going strong.

Tonight, Aubree came over for a short visit.  It is always nice to see her smiling face.  We got to read her new Highlights magazine with her.  Good times.

Elizabeth made it back home safely.  She is tired from the long drive.  She has a wedding this weekend and will be busy nonstop from tomorrow until Sunday.  The trials of being a bridesmaid.  She has the bachelorette party tomorrow night and then the manicure, pedicure, and hair on Friday and Saturday morning.

Koleen is coming home on Friday for the weekend.  It will be nice to have her home again.  She called me earlier this evening and made a 90 on her Stats. test.  Way to go Kay!!!!  I know she will be glad when this semester is over.  I think everyone will be glad when it is summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment