Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chemo 14

Hard to believe but Steve just finished his 14th chemo treatment.  All went well, and his lab numbers were good.  When we were in the exam room, the fire alarm went off.  They had to evacuate the building.  This was the second time we had a fire alarm go off while we were there.  We all stood outside for about 20 minutes and then they let us in.  Good thing the weather was nice.  A little windy, but it was not cold.  The sun was actually shining.  We have tests in a couple of weeks.  They have not scheduled them yet.  I am unsure if it will be a CT and PET or just a CT.  I'll let you know as soon as it is scheduled.  I met some really nice ladies today in the infusion lab.  Both had breast cancer and were receiving treatment for it.  We had a nice conversation while Steve dozed and talked with Elizabeth on the phone.

After chemo we ran a few errands.  I had to go to FM Fabric, Hancock Fabric, Toys R Us, Target, and JC Pennys.  I picked up a couple of new pieces of fabric, hem tape, elastic, interfacing and several other things.  I am pre-washing the fabric now.  We ate an early supper at Ruby Tuesday's.  We love their salad bar.  Steve had the ribs.  He said they were really good.

We are resting now.  It was a tiring day.  I believe we will take it easy the rest of the evening.  It is Wipeout night and the new taxidermy show on the History Channel.  We are expecting some major storms tonight.  They are predicting tornados, high winds, baseball sized hail.  It should be an exciting night.

No comments:

Post a Comment