Steve does not feel well today. In fact, he ran a temperature of 100.3. Now, mind you, he did not tell me this until after dinner time. Right after dinner, he did get sick, and he has been in bed ever since. We ate about 4:30. He did grill burgers. He was feeling a little better before dinner. I was upset with him for not telling me about his temp. We are supposed to call Dr. Hoos if he has a temp. Being the stubborn man he is, he said we would not call until in the morning if he was not feeling any better. We shall see. I'm not sure what it is. He has not felt well since Sat. He has had lots of congestion and drainage, which made me think cold, but I'm not sure now since he has a temp and is sick. There has been some stomach stuff going around the doss family. He may have picked it up at the family gathering this weekend. If he is not better when he wakes up this evening or in the morning, I will call Hoos's office. I don't want to take any chances. I have not felt well either. I am still fighting the sore throat and drainage I had last week, and my stomach has been shaky since Sunday. Koleen when home to columbia on Sunday and was really sick on Monday. I guess it is going around.
Steve has been "working" on some taxidermy stuff in the "Man Cave". He is mounting his turkey tail and beard. He also finished a set of antlers for a friend. They look great. He is so talented. It is a shame he does not have the strength or stamina to work his magic on the animals. It is one of those things where he has the "eye" to make the mounts beautiful and unique. It would be nice if some time in the future, he could do it again. I know he misses it too.
I have still been sewing. I finished a pair of black capri pants and a pair of shorts (all except the waist band. I don't have any elastic). I cut out a new jacket this evening. I have some material left, and I would like to make a pair of shorts to match. I am waiting to see if I like the purple shorts when the waist is finished. It has been cool so I have not had the opportunity to wear many of the things I have made.
It is raining here again. We are expecting some storms tonight. Since Thursday night, we have had over 10.5 inches. That is amazing. Yes, we really did have 10.5 inches. Reader, I would never fib to you about the rain. We are not in a competition like Steve and his mother. I am not sure of the amount he told her, so if you see her, please do not tell her his amount unless it is higher than hers. :) I am not sure if we are supposed to get any significant amount this evening. My guess is any amount is too much. So many creeks and streams are flooded. The nice thing is the grass is really really green. It may be weeks before he can mow it since the ground is so wet. Knowing him, he will try to mow even if it makes tracks in the yard. He has done it before. He is crazy when it comes to mowing as I am sure you have figured out.
We go for his scans on Friday. This is a CT scan as far as I know. They did not mention PET scan when we were visiting at our last appointment, but I am not sure. I will let you know. We will find the results of the scans on Thursday when we have our next appointment. It will be good news, so don't you worry.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment