Saturday, April 9, 2011

Handyman

Yes, it is true.  I have a handyman that also does yards....Steve.  He has been feeling well enough to tackle our yard.  He has mowed, AGAIN.  This time he did the back and side yard.  He does ok if he takes chunks at a time and doesn't tackle the whole yard.  It sure looks nice.  Yesterday, Friday, he picked up sticks.  He got a whole yard trailer full.  It started out as a few, and he just  kept going, and going, and going.   He didn't complain that it hurt to bend over, but I know all the walking made his feet a little sore last night.  His legs were still pretty sore from all the squatting.  He thought this might loosen up his legs.

He has also cleaned up the garage.  He did a great job.  In his own words, "I found things I knew we had, but didn't know where they were."  He hung his fishing poles and swept.  He also organized some of the "stuff" we have accumulated.  He loves having things picked up.  It is best if he does it because then he can find it when he wants it.   Elizabeth took her motorcycle to be fixed so it is also out of the garage.

Since he was so busy this week, he is wiped out today.  He is so tired that he does not feel good.  It has happened before.  Since he has chemo this Thursday, he tries to cram as much as he can into this time since he knows he will not feel well for several days.  You can't blame him.  You've got to make hay while the sun shines.  Now he is resting in the front room watching Mecum Auto Auctions.  He just loves that show.  His legs are really bothering him so I don't know how long he will sit and watch.

Amelia had her allergy test yesterday.  She is allergic to mold.  She will have to possibly take weekly shots or drops.  The doctor has not decided.  She and Elizabeth walked in a 3K today.  It was in Pierce City to raise money for a scholarship fund.  It is in the name of the coach who passes away earlier this year.  She said there were 430 some participants.  That's not bad.  They ran most of the way.

Elizabeth is going to San Antonio tomorrow.  She will be gone until the 19th.  She will be taking care of some school business while she is visiting.  I know Steve will missing having her around in the day.  They are good pals.

I have been sewing.  I finished a jacket last night.  I wore it to the Marine Get Together at the Veteran's Home this morning.  I got several compliments on it. I even used the stitch that J. Jones taught me when you have interfacings.  I believe it is called under-stiching, but she had a fancier name for it.  It really did add a nice touch to the jacket.  The facings do not roll and it has a more finished look.   I had to adjust several things on the pattern and will not make it again.  I added a few inches to the overall length.  I had to adjust the lapels because when I first sewed it, they were not laying in a way I liked.  I had to put the "Janie touch" on it.  :)  I originally bought it to make two jackets to go with the black dress I am working on.  Luckily, I made it out of different fabric first to see if I like it.  I still have my "good" material left and am searching for the pattern to make.  I am also working on another dress.  Like  books, I like to have several going at once.  That way if I get tired of one material, or project, I simply jump to the other.  Sometimes, projects are complicated and you just need a break.  Please, don't tell my mother that this is how I do it.  She would have a heart attack if she knew how I jump around on projects.  She thinks you should stick with one, finish it, and then go to the next one.  I guess we are lucky if this is the only thing we disagree on.  Well, we don't discuss politics, so we don't have any issues with that.  HA

Well, I am off to be productive instead of being a couch potato dreaming of the muscle cars that I would like to own.  If only we would win that 44 million dollar lottery.  What a dreamer!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment