Monday, July 11, 2011

Recovering

Well, it has been an uneventful weekend for us.  Steve has not been feeling well at all.  In fact, he was out of bed only to use the restroom and maybe eat.  This chemo hit him hard.  He has felt totally drained.  He has no energy at all.  I think it hit him so hard because he was worn out from our vacation and lake trip.  His stomach has been upset too.  Today (Monday) he was feeling a little better and wanted to go out for breakfast.  After breakfast he went to bed and slept.  He just recently woke up and moved to the chair in the front room.  This is a first since his chemo.  I must tell you since I started this post, he has fallen asleep in the chair.  He was awake maybe 5 minutes from the time he left the bed to sleeping in the chair.  To tell you how bad he felt, he actually let me mow the lawn yesterday.  We know he did not feel well to let me do that.  I mowed before it got really warm.  It was 101 yesterday afternoon.  Today it is 106 outside our back patio.

I mowed instead of going to church.  I hate to go by myself and refuse to do it.  But, I must tell you I was praising God while I mowed.  I was thanking him for the guy that invented riding mowers, the guy who invented air conditioner, and the guy who invented the ice maker.  It was just a little different than being in church.  While mowing, I did a lot of thinking.  I felt bad about mowing because I know how much he likes it.  I think it is one of the normal things in his life, and believe me, there are so few normal things in our lives lately.  When I was mowing, the belt on the blades came loose.  Wouldn't you know it.  Luckily, Justin ( Elizabeth's boyfriend) was here and they helped me fix it.  Good thing Justin knew what to do.  I didn't want to wake Steve.  We got it fixed and away I went.  If we don't get some rain soon, there will be no more mowing here.

While Steve has been sleeping, I have been working on the "barf" quilt.  I call it this because it is either going to be a beautiful scrap quilt or it will nauseate you.  My guess is the latter.  I am maybe halfway done.  I probably have enough completed to make a twin but I am going to make a queen bed spread.  I have several of the blocks in different degrees of finished.  My goal is to have the top finished by this weekend and then I will back it.  I think I will tie quilt it.  My only problem is I don't know what color to make the backing or the tying yarn.  We shall see.  When I get the top made, I will post a picture so you can decide if it is beautiful or barffy(not really sure if that it a word).

I will do my best to post tonight so you know how Steve's day went.  Don't worry, I know he will be back to "normal" soon.  He is one tough bird and very hard to keep down.

No comments:

Post a Comment