Friday, July 29, 2011

Busy Day for Me/Rest for Steve

Grandma, Grandpa and Steve waiting for the cake.

Aubree loves her Opa.
Pictures from Steve's birthday  July 23, 2011.  Just realized that I had not posted them yet.  Sorry, but better late than never.
Good thing we didn't put 55 individual candles on his cake.

Opa needs a helper with is presents. 

Today was a good day for Steve.  He woke up and took the trash out first thing.  He is really red faced, but we know that is just the reaction from his meds.  This makes it difficult for him to be outside because he is hot before he even goes outside.  We went out for breakfast.  When he eats breakfast, he feels better during the day.  After breakfast, he went down to the Man Cave to adjust his saw.  He had a video from Grandpa that showed him some "tips" for woodworking.  He really liked the video and watched it twice.  After his somewhat busy morning, he rested the rest of the afternoon.  

I went to coffee this morning with my friends.  We try to do it every Monday and Friday morning.  We have a great time.  Steve met me for breakfast and we ate together.  At breakfast, Steve told me that I could not stay at home today.  He thinks I stay at home more than I should.  He said that when he was working, I was gone doing something every single day.  Now I just stay at home.  He does not like that.  So he basically kicked me out of the house.  I loaded my bike and headed to Springfield.  I rode the Frisco Highline Trail.  I rode 11 miles total.  It was hot.  After riding, I headed to the Quilt Sampler.  It was the first time I have been there in a long, long, long time.  Amazingly, they remembered me.  I told them it was probably my big mouth that they remembered.  I took several classes from them.  I spent several hours there looking a fabric.  I am a person that has a terrible time making up my mind when it comes to committing to the fabric for a project.   I finally got some material for a Christmas project.  I think I am going to make a table runner.

This evening we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner.  We had a nice visit first and then we chowed of sloppy Joes.  Grandma makes a great sloppy Joe.  Steve at a bunch of Joes, chips, beans, potato salad and peach cobbler.  After supper, he got really tired, so we had to leave.  When we got home, he went to the bedroom to rest.  He is there now.  He was really sleeping hard for a couple of hours.  He got up to get a drink and is in and out now.  I hope he gets a good night sleep tonight.  He slept well last night and only left for the big chair at 4:30 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment