Today was another lazy day here. We did make a trip to Lowes. We needed a few things to finish the arbor. We also got a big pegboard and accessoriesfor the Man Cave. Steve is going to use it to hang his things so they are not just spread around on his workbench. He hung it and now his cave looks like a He-Man Cave. It is all neat and organized now. Just the way he likes it. He got new stain for since the first can he got, was not what he wanted. I think tomorrow he may stain the arbor. He also picked up some stuff for a set of Washers for us. I'm excited about having our own set of Washers. I'm trying to figure out how to paint it Mizzou black and gold.
Steve has been feeling really well lately. The only difficulty he has been having is a little upset stomach if he takes his pills without eating. He usually does this with the evening set of pills. He takes them around 5 and sometimes he has not had food since our late breakfast. I try to get him to snack in the afternoon, but he is not really a snacker. During the school year, this is not so difficult because I usually have dinner ready around 5 or so...or at least I try. I think the heat is really hard on him too. If we are out or he is outside for long, he has a difficult time breathing. The heat also drains him. We had to buy a big fan for the Man Cave to keep him cool while he works. I sure do hope this heat breaks soon, but I'm afraid that according to the computer weather, there is no relief insight. Everything is so brown and ugly. With the heat, the workshop has really been a blessing. He can work inside and still accomplish things no matter how hot it is outside. He really does love his workshop. He spend so much time there. I am going to constantly have to keep him in projects.
Elizabeth and her friend, Callison, went to Branson today. I think they mini golfed, go-carted, and more. All three of the kids (Elizabeth, Justin, and Callison) are here now. We are watching After the Catch: Deadliest Catch. The end of the season show was tonight. I sure do love the crabbers. I must tell you that some of those captains are real jerks. I think sometimes the power of being captain goes to their heads. I do however wish I had the ultimate control in my classroom that they think they have on their boats. I also wish I could be as blunt with the kids that they are with their crews. Can you imagine if I talked to my sixth grades like they did with the same language?...good-by Mrs. Doss. Good luck finding employment somewhere else. HA Luckily I maintain strict control without the "captain language and bluntness." I'd like to think of it as a gift :)
I have had school on my mind quite a bit lately. It is about 20 days before I have to report to work. (tears in my eyes). I sure do like my summer: biking, napping, sewing, coffee, friends, and Steve. One of the nice things I can say about Aug. 15 is this....only 180 more work days until it is time for summer vacation again. Yes, I do have a count down in my plan book. I don't know if that is pathetic or not, but that is the way that I am.
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment