Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lake Day

Today was a very good day for us.  Steve woke up early and decided that he would mow the back yard.  It was warm outside but not really bad since it was early.  Elizabeth's  friend from South Carolina arrived this morning.  He flew into Springfield.  He will be here until Wed.  His name is Callison (last name...don't know his first name...think it is an Army thing).  For lunch I fixed my world famous fajita chicken.  During lunch, we decided to go to the lake.  Off we went:  Steve, Elizabeth, Callison, and Justin.  It was a wonderful day at the lake.  It was cloudy so the 97 degree heat did not feel bad.  The kids went tubing and wake boarding.  I stayed in a quiet spot with a drink and my air mattress.  I could see them from where I was left.  I got some sun, but as of now it is not hurting.  Steve did great.  He did not get as hot as last time.  He swam and drove the boat.  I believe he had a good time too.  I couldn't believe how low the water was.  It was way below the normal level.  It was also pretty warm.  Not bathtub warm, but it was pretty close.  I would say that if we have several more weeks of 100 degree days, the water at the lake will be almost hot.

Now we are home and crashed.  We are watching a show on Planet Green on Yellowstone.  It takes on a whole new meaning since we have seen it in person.  I wish we could have seen a wolf or grizzly while we were there.  Oh well, maybe next time. When I watch these shows, I am thankful for Teddy Roosevelt.  He was the conservation minded president and a pioneer in the national parks movement.  I am sure glad he did.  Imagine if we didn't have the parks.  Think of all the animals that would be extinct and the beautiful things that people would have ruined.  Even with things protected, people do some pretty stupid things when it comes to nature and animals.  It is a shame we can't seem to live in harmony with it.

We don't have any big plans this week except for treatment on Thursday.  It is hard to believe that it is time for another chemo.  We find the results of his scan this week.   Please keep us in your prayers.

Oh, I just have to break in and tell you that we are getting rain.  Not sure how long it will last, but it is coming down hard with thunder and lightening.  The storm came from the north.  I didn't think it would make it this far, but to my surprise it did.  Weee!  We can sure use all the rain we can get.  Like I said, Steve mowed and our yard sure looked brown.  Hopefully, this shower will green it up a little.  I am concerned that we will have an ugly fall.  I don't like when we have dull colors in the fall leaves.  I really like the bright yellows, reds, and oranges.

No comments:

Post a Comment