Saturday, July 16, 2011

Barf Quilt

As promised, here is a picture of the "barf" quilt.  Be sure you don't have a weak stomach!


It has 896 squares.  I still have not decided how to back it our finish it.  It is now folded up and waiting for me to make up my mind.  

Steve felt good today.  We went to Republic this morning to Lowes.  We had to get a couple of things for his "mancave"...fan, lights, clamps extension cord, bulb plug...  You know how that is.  We start off to get one thing and the pile in the basket just grows.  He has been organizing the downstair garage into his own workshop.  I think it is great that he is interested in having a hobby.  It will be wonderful for him to have something to do on the days he feels well.  Also, I may get some cool stuff out of the deal.  

We went bike riding today.  Elizabeth, Justin, and I went to the Highline Frisco Trail out of Springfield.  We rode 13. 5 miles.  Yes, it was really really hot.  I think the car thermometer said 98 when we were finished.  It was fine, but believe me, the end mile or two was tough because I was sooo hot.  We did take plenty of water, but sometimes there is no way to cool off in the beating down sun.  Next time, I will try to go earlier in the day, say 6 am.  :)

One of our baby martins fell out of the house this evening.  We had a rescue mission and saved the day. We caught him and basically threw him up in the air and away he flew.  Several of the adult martins flew after him so hopefully he will be fine.  We have bunches of the little ones sticking out their heads just waiting for the perfect moment to make the first flight.  It is hard to believe that they will be heading south soon.  We are debating if we want to get a new additional house for next year.  We think with all the babies, we will need additional space for the new families.  Maybe Santa will bring us a new gourd tree. 

Not sure what we are doing tomorrow.  We talked about going to the lake but decided it was going to be to hot on the water.  I think that was a wise choice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment