Thursday, August 4, 2011

What Happens In Branson, Stays In Branson

I just got home from Branson.  A group of my coffee girls went down for a "before school starts get-a-way".  We stayed at the Landing and had two wonderful days of shopping and girl fun.  It was a trip that I needed.

Steve stayed behind while I was in Branson.  He worked on his Washer boxes.  He got them all finished except for the tube in the middles.  Today he took Grandma to her colon test.  All went well and the results were good too.  Nothing bad!  He drove their car.  Grandpa went along too. They kept each other company during the wait.  They had to wait for a long time.  Her appointment was at 11 and they did not take her into the exam room until after 1.  They got home around 4.  Long day for Steve.  He has been feeling better for the past couple of days. I am glad and I know he is happy about it too.  He is in the front room watching Ninja Warriors.  I believe he will hit the bedroom soon because I think he is worn out.

We had a cooler day today.  Last night we got 2/10 of an inch of rain last night.  Steve said the storm woke him up around 1:30.  I don't know if it greened anything up.  I seriously think we may be beyond the green up point.

I got the Weee Ride bike today around 4:30.  It was delivered UPS.  We put it together.  You know the "some assembly required" deal.   It was not really difficult...tightening screws, attaching pedals, handlebars, and connecting to my hybrid.  I took it for a short run on our road.  Aubree has not been here yet to try it out.  She is supposed to come tomorrow afternoon to go for our first ride.  I am so excited about the possibilities.  When we go for our ride tomorrow, I will have Opa take some pictures.    I hope she like to ride with me.  Her part of the bike is basically independent of my bike.  She can pedal or coast, whichever she likes.  The handlebars do not steer.  They are just for hanging on and balancing.  It is designed for children 4-8 and up to 75 pounds.  We should be able to enjoy it for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment