It is now Saturday evening. It has stopped raining here, but it is still really close. It is the Ernte Fest weekend so it had to rain at least once this weekend. To us it was a surprise storm. I went to the grocery store, and it looked a little dark to the west. I shopped, and when I came to head to the car, it was pouring. I got a "little" wet loading the groceries. Luckily, I didn't get many bags full. It rained about an hour and hard enough to knock out the satellite for a while. I shouldn't complain, I honestly can't tell you the last time I went grocery shopping. I mean with a list and all. I have made quick stops to pick up things, but not a full fledged shopping trip. I do hate to shop.
Steve did well by himself on Friday. Elizabeth stopped by for an afternoon visit and he rested most of the day. The house cleaners came, and he rested downstairs while they cleaned. I need to take a minute to brag on my cleaning crew. They do an excellent job. Deb's Housekeeping in Aurora is a wonderful cleaning group. If you are thinking about having housekeepers, I strongly suggest you check them out. Last night we just stayed at home and crashed. Steve was tired and so was I. We actually were in bed early and watched television. I can't remember what we watched.
I did not feel well in the middle of the night..spent quite a bit of it in the bathroom (enough said). I still didn't feel well this morning. I didn't ride, go to coffee, or go visit Betty. I just didn't feel well. I did work on some school work, but the rest of the time today I slept. Steve and Samurai slept too. It was really quiet here. I think the nap did me a world of good. I'm not sure what was wrong, but I do know that I was exhausted after only two days of school this week. I am out of teaching shape. It usually takes me until Labor Day weekend to get back in the groove. Steve has had his up and downs today. He ate lunch, but was really worn out after that. He helped me unload the groceries even after I yelled at him about helping. Bullheaded man! This wore him out too. He got up for supper and had a ham sandwich and the trimmings. Now he is resting in bed watching the Rams play the Titans.
I know that is strange since we don't watch the NFL. You know there is nothing good on television when Steve watches preseason professional football!!! We don't recognize any of the players except Bradford. Remember the Rams' glory days? We used to watch them every Sunday. We were faithful Rams' fans. Now Faulk is announcing the games. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame. I think he deserves it. I remember one game when all the Rams had the flu and he was out on the field playing and throwing up between the plays. I also remember some of his great football plays. He was an exciting player to watch. High school football started Friday night with the jamboree. We did not go. This is the first year in awhile that we have not had anyone playing. I'm not sure how many Mountaineer games we will make. I do know that it is very uncomfortable sitting in the bleachers when it is this hot. They face west and it is miserable. It will be a little while before we make a game.
I doubt we will make church in the morning. We usually don't got the weekend after chemo. I think I will go visit my friend Betty if Steve is ok.
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment