Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy Homecoming

Weee!  We are so happy.  Our lawn mower is now back from the shop.  We went to pick it up from the fixers today after school.  It has been gone for a week now.  Steve attached the deck tonight about about 7:45 and yes, he was mowing after dark.  I was teasing him about now being able to relax since his baby was home again.  He didn't think it was really funny!

I am sorry that it is Tuesday night and I have not posted since Saturday.   Sunday and Monday Steve started feeling a little better each day.  You know he stops his steroid on Sunday night and that makes a big difference.  Monday he worked a little in the Man Cave on my swing.  It really wore him out so he had to rest most of Monday afternoon.  I knew when I got home on Monday he was feeling better because he wanted to go to Hog Wild for supper.  Off we went.

Today he felt better and worked once again in the Cave.  I called him this morning during my break and he complained that he had a headache again.  Boy, did I get worried.  Last time he had a headache, we had the church issue.  I was concerned and told him to call me immediately if it got worse or he felt dizzy. Luckily, I never got the call.  When I got home, we had to run to Monett to get the mower.  We ate supper with Justin and Elizabeth at Peking.  I had some of my meal leftover so now he has his lunch for tomorrow.

School has been going well.  I am still learning the names of my kids.  I don't know why I can't get some of their names down.  I am hoping to know them by next Monday.  We have started working out of our hardback and workbook.  Only a few hours have had anything as homework...maybe 5 problems at the most.  We are just studying fragments and how to correct them. Remember those good old days?

I have been working on the binding of my fall wall quilt.  I have the last side to complete tonight after I finish posting.  I should have a picture for you tomorrow.  I know you can't wait.  I started my Halloween wall hanging tonight.  I also worked on hemming some shirts for my friend, Betty.  I have not given up on some of the scrap quilts.  In fact, they are something easy to do when I want to just mindless sew.  You know sometimes, my mind is mush at the end of the day, but my hands need something to do.

Now we are relaxing as we get ready to watch the new episode of Top Shot.  I'll tell you, this is a great day...mower home and Top Shot...who could ask for more?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment