Yes, everyone survived today: chemo and first day of school.
Steve did have chemo this morning. His mother went with him. They left the house this morning about 6:15 for his 7:00 lab appointment. His blood was good. He did ask about cutting back on the chemo meds, but Faith said they couldn't do that. So, he had to get the full dose. After chemo, he had to run some errands with his mom before he came home. They went to several stores. When he got home, he heated up some Manwich and then went to bed to rest. When I got home, he was resting. They meds sure do make him tired. When he sleeps after chemo, he it is such a deep sleep. Sometimes, it is next to impossible to wake him up. I really had a difficult time waking him when it was dinner time. I got Taco Bell tacos since that is what he wanted. You know how we have to eat what he is hungry for after chemo. He ate three crunchy tacos, but they kind of upset his stomach. He is resting now while I am posting and watching Seinfeld. I am hoping that his stomach settles, and he has a good night sleep.
I had a good first day of school. Classes went well, and I didn't make anyone cry. It was a great day for all. Besides being a good day, there are only 173 more school days left of this year. Yes, I know it is pathetic that I count, but that is me... HA!!!!! Tomorrow my classes go to the media center to learn our media center checkout procedures and to get their book of choice. It is another good day for all. I did bring some books home to work on lesson plans for next week. To me, the first of the year is the toughest to plan because I really don't know the kids and their abilities. Sometimes they forget so much over the summer. I have to start simple and then head out from there.
Just saw on television that a pug dog has made 64 skydive jumps with his master. Talk about strange. I guess some people will do anything to get on television. It is Thursday night, and we are watching Wipeout, another classic example of people doing anything to get on television.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment