Monday, August 8, 2011

Rain, rain and more rain

Weeeeeeee!  Yes, today we had rain all day long.  Before daybreak, we got an inch.  Steve did not check the rain gauge this evening, but I'll bet we got close to another inch during the day if not more.   Some of the rain was stormy, but others were just a gentle rain.  It sure did lightening and thunder most of the day.  The sky was the most beautiful blue most of the day.  It was what I would call a midnight blue.  I sure wish I could find some material that color.

Steve felt good today.  He worked in the Man Cave this morning.  He fixed the WeeeRider for Aubree.  He added wooden blocks on the pedals and metal straps to hold her feet on the pedals.  She was too small and really was wobbly when she tried to pedal.  Before he fixed them, we went to the trail in Springfield with Tia.  We rode 7.5 mile total.  I rode with her on the way out and Tia was the driver on the way home.  She had a difficult time helping pedal since she could not reach them when they were at the lowest point and was unbalanced when she did.  After Opa fixed the bike, we could really cruise.  The whole test drive after the fix,  she kept yelling, "Opa's the man.  I'm glad he is our man, aren't you Oma?"  She was so thankful that she kept thanking him and praising him.  She sure loves her Opa.  We did rest this afternoon for a while.  Steve spent the rest of the afternoon in the Man Cave.  He is working on a project that I can't tell you about until it is finished.  Sorry!  He also spent about an hour down there after supper.  He sure loves his Man Cave and all his tools.  Aubree calls him an Art.  (She can never remember the word artist).  It is really cute.

I worked on my fall wall hanging.  The top is finished except the border.  I should be able to get that finished tomorrow unless I don't have enough border material. If I don't, I'll have to make a quick run to JoAnn's again to get it before they sell out of it.  If I wait, they may not have another bolt.  I'll post a picture once it is finished.

I am picking Aubree up at 7:00 am to ride.  We are going to ride around the Veterans Home so Betty can see us ride the bike.  Aubree wants to show off for her and Betty really wants to see how it works. This way, everyone is happy.

It is storming now, so hopefully we will get a good night sleep.  I love to sleep when it is raining unless the weather radio goes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment