Tuesday, May 31, 2011

White Trash Campout

Before I start here is a picture of us on the trail yesterday.

I am writing this post to you from the Doss KOA campground on the beautiful acres of Majestic Estates (our backyard).  We wanted to go camping sooo bad but could not go to a normal campground.  We needed to stay close to the house.  We set up a nice camp in our back side yard.  We had a wonderful campfire with dogs, chips, potato salad and drinks.  For dessert we had more and more smores  :).  Grandma and Grandpa came to eat with us. It was great fun.  Around 8:15, Grandma and Grandpa left to go home, and Koleen left to go to Columbia.  We are sitting here watching the fire and visiting.  While we were eating dinner, a mother turkey hen came past with her 11 chicks ( I think that is what baby turkeys are called).  We are going to spend the night in our chateau on the Ozarks Plateau (tent). Steve and I have a huge blow-up mattress so Steve can sleep out with us.  I don't think he could sleep on the hard ground.  It was in the 80s today but it is supposed to be in the 60s tonight.  It will be perfect camping weather.  Lucky us!  I have included some pictures for your enjoyment.  I have more but will post those later.  If you don't hear from me tomorrow or the next day, we have been kidnapped by a band of rouge woodsmen that wondered accidentally into our camp.  Of course, we will have tried to fight them off, but they overpowered us with their wild wood ways.  When we are able to reach civilization, we will post about our adventure...that is if we are abducted by woodsmen.  Good night and sleep tight.
Doss KOA  The beautiful chateau on the Ozark Plateau.  

Grandpa and Aubree

Tia and Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment