Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wonderful Sunday

This morning we went to church.  It was a tough choice because Steve's feet were really swollen and sore, but he wanted to go so off we went.  It was a nice service.  We recognized all the veterans in the church.  It was nice for them to stand up and get some thanks from the people in the service.  I got to see a friend of mine, Yudy, that I don't get to see very often.  She has a house in Seattle and I wish were were going to be there when she was there.  We had a short visit before the service began.  Pastor's sermon was on expecting the unexpected.  His point was that death comes to all even if we are not ready and we should always be ready.  His inspiration was the tornado in Joplin and his point being just like the people that died in the storm, death comes any place and any time.  Anyone of us could have been shopping in Joplin and been in one of the stores that got hit.  Would you be ready?  I guess I wonder, what would you do today if you knew it was your last day on this planet?  Would you do different things?  Would you try to make amends?  Would you just do normal stuff?  I think everyone asks themselves that question.  The trick is finding the answer.

After church we cleaned out the hot tub.  When it was clean, we relaxed in it putting our feet in the cold water as it filled.  Steve said it felt good on his feet.  Of course, we could only do this for about 30 minutes before the water was up high enough to get our behinds wet and the water was freezing...not something you want to sit in if you get my drift.  We both got a little sun, which is good.  I don't think we got burned, but it is hard to tell until the morning.  Steve looks healthier with a little color.  We turned the temperature on to 85 degrees so we could relax in it even if it was hot outside.  We are getting our air mats from the boat and will use them to lounge in the "tub".  It makes a hot afternoon better.

Steve is feeling better, but he is really tired.  His feet are better than they were this morning.  I think the soaking helped.  He is relaxing in the bedroom now watching reruns of Pawn Stars and American Pickers.  He loves to watch those shows over and over and over and over...  I think he will call it an early evening because we have big plans in the morning.  The Golden Eagles are parachuting into the field by the Veteran's Home and we are going.  We are picking up Betty to watch the jumpers with us.  It promises to be a good time.  I only hope the wind is not blowing as hard as it did today.  They may have to cancel the jump.  Steve and Elizabeth are going with me.  I love to watch jumpers.  It sends chills down my arms.  It is something that I would never do.  At first you have to tandem jump and the only person I trust enough to strap myself to and jump out of plane with would never jump either.  Steve  hates the thought of jumping out of an airplane.  Of course, Elizabeth has a bunch of experience with jumping.  That is how she had her accident in the Army.  She is not afraid of it.  In fact, she wants us to stop in Boise, ID, to bungee jump at some park there.  They have a bridge that they jump from.  We think she is nuts, but we love our Elizabeth.

So far tomorrow we have no plans other than the jumpers.  Hopefully, it will be a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment