Today's titles have a double meaning. First, it is really cold here. In fact, I doubt it got out of the 50s all day. It was the perfect lazy day, and believe me, we took advantage of that. It was really lazy for us. We had everyone at home today. Koleen got back on Thursday. Amelia and Aubree came to spend the day too. We had a Mexican Fiesta for dinner with everyone, which was nice. Aubree and I went out to the fields and cut some flowers. We made a wonderful bouquet.
Steven has been feeling better. I love when he feels better because it makes me feel like the old Steve is back. Yes, he gets tired easily, but he is not as sick as he has been in the past. He and Elizabeth planted all the pots with flowers earlier this week. They sure look nice. He has decided that he has the time to take care of them this summer. I didn't want to plant them since I didn't feel like messing with them. My perennial garden is up and going. Several of thee plants are growing and blooming. I will have lavender bunches soon. The birds are still hanging around. I was really depressed today. I went to buy new sunflower and thistle but didn't. For a 50 lb bag of sunflower it was going to be close to $60.00. Yes, you read it right. That means if I buy thistle and sunflower, it is over $80 and close to $90 dollars. A little out of my bird feeding budget. I am going to have to rethink my feeding. Any suggestions, would be appreciated.
The second part of the title is...we are sitting in bed watching a show on the true pirates of the Caribbean. The new movie comes out this week. Koleen has a job at the movie theatre in Monett and has to work next Thursday on its opening. I sure do love Captain Jack Sparrow. He really makes me laugh. I just love his mannerisms.
Steve and I are excited. In one month, we are leaving for our Alaskan cruise. We are taking all three girls and heading west. We are driving to Seattle and sailing from there. You will need to keep us in your prayers because that will be 5 of us in a car for several days before we get there. :) We are sooooo excited about it. Steve and I had to get passports for one of the side trips. We are going on a train ride from the coast, touring a totem pole forest, and visiting a Yukon mining town. Good times. We are not worried about pirates while we sail although Steve is concerned about our boat being smashed by a whale while we are whale watching. I know you have seen the pictures of the whale surfacing and then smashing into the small rowboat. Needless to say, we will not be watching from any row boats. This whole trip was Steve's idea. He really wants to do this with all the girls. They seem excited about it too.
There are only 8 more mornings of school left. Weeeeee! 6th grade is going fishing this Friday, but I get to stay back at school and " babysit" the ones that didn't meet the requirements to go. I'm not upset. I think it will be a good opportunity for me to work in my room and get it ready for the end of the year. I have a bad habit of just throwing things into boxes just to get checked out. That is all fine and dandy until August when I can't find anything. You think after 20 years of teaching, I would learn, BUT NO. It is so hard to stick around after school is over especially if I don't teach summer school, which I am not doing this year. Weeeeeeee!
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment