Sunday, May 15, 2011
Mt. Vernon Prairie Trip
Today was a busy and active day for us. We got up and went to church. It was cow herd communion. We left after communion. We went home and then went to lunch at Mt. Vernon Family Restaurant. It and every place else in Mt. Vernon was crowded. It is graduation day at MVHS so everyone and their brother is in town. After lunch, we went to visit the Mt. Vernon Prairie. It is only about 5 miles from the house. In one way it was the perfect day to visit. It was semi cloudy about 60 degrees. The bad way was that it was really windy, semi cloudy and 60 degrees. There were several flowers blooming: indigo, indian paintbrush, and black medic. Don't let the list fool you, there are several kinds only a few days from blooming. My guess, in a few weeks the prairie will be a sea of yellow, green, and red. I only hope we can go back to see more. I love to spend time on the prairie. There are several within an hour from Mt. Vernon. There is also a preserved glade just west of Joplin. That is a great trip...totally different flowers from the prairie. Steve, Elizabeth and Aubree went with me. We had a blast. Steve had a great time too. The only thing was it was so windy that it was cold. Steve got way too cold and does not feel well now. He did not eat much supper because of this. I feel bad because I forget how he is so affected by the temperature. We only stayed there 30 minutes tops, but it was enough to make him sick. Hopefully, it is just a passing thing. I hope you enjoy the pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment