We traveled to Springfield today for the final chemo for 2010. That means Steven has had nine treatments. Our lab was at 10:30, doctor at 11:30, and then chemo at around 12:30. Elizabeth went with us. All was well until they started running late. We had to have Elizabeth to the airport by 2. Needless to say, we had to call in the extra troops. Amelia cam and took Elizabeth to the airport for us. It wasn't that easy, though. Elizabeth forgot her coat in our car so we had to fly to the airport and hopefully catch her before she went through security. We made it. It is a good thing that she decided to eat a sandwich at McAlisters in the airport before going through the security gate. After all that, we went out to eat at Carlos O'Kellys. We've never eaten there before. It was really good. I think we will go there again.
Steven feels good. He gained weight again this time. Yea him !!!! He is tired, but is going to try to stay awake for the Nebraska game on late tonight. I am not sure if he will make it. I 'm doubting if I will. He ate a super lunch and actually drove home. I participated in the daily drink specials and thought it was best if he drove. He thinks that he might take himself to the next chemo by himself. He is worried that I use all my days for him. I told him that was alright. They were there for things like this. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I only have 1.5 days left so it really didn't matter. I have to get a doctor's note to apply for the emergency leave. We see Dr. Hoos next time so hopefully I will be able to get one then. It really doesn't matter. I will go with him to his tests and treatments if he needs me or wants me to. I have worked to hard and worried to much to let a sick day get in my way. I know those of you that have followed this since the beginning will understand.
We have no plans for the remainder of my break. I think we will just relax and chill. It sounds good right now.
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment