For the past couple of days, I have had a very strange feeling that something is not quite right. I have checked the iron several times, and I have not left it on. The batteries are all new in the smoke detecters. I have not missed anyones birthday. My lesson plans are complete and my grades are caught up. I have not been able to figure out what it was until just now. I have forgotten to post for a LOOOOONG time. Believe it or not, the feeling has now passed. :)
I must apologize for not being more diligent in my postings. Truthfully, I have no good excuse....we ate a lot of sweets this week at school and my blood sugar was off and I just forgot?....my computer has been charging?....I've been busy wrapping presents?....
Well, now that I am finally on, let me tell you about our week. The funny thing is, it is really not that exciting. We did have our Christmas week of snacks on the stage at school and I did it my weight in sweets...those of you that have seen me lately, know, that is a lot of sweets! Samurai went to the groomers on Wednesday. He finally is no longer a red neck. He got a new collar in the past couple of weeks and it turned his neck red. It was leather and he got wet. A funny combination when you live in the Ozarks and your dog is anything but a "red neck". The Christmas Spirit is staring to appear around our house. No, not in the way of decorations. We still don't have our tree up. I keep using the excuse that we are waiting for all the kids to be home . After tomorrow, that will not work. Koleen came home on Wednesday. She brought her boyfriend, Shawn, with her. He is a really nice young man. He is staying with us until tomorrow late afternoon. We are picking Elizabeth up at the airport at 2:40 and he wants to meet her before he heads back to Columbia. Shawn has met everyone down here: Grandma and Grandpa; people at my school; my coffee friends; Koleen's Ma and Pa Kay; Koleen's dad and many others. So far, we have not had any negative reactions. He is very polite and fits right in. He is very helpful around the house. He has helped with preparing meals, clearing the table, and even took out the trash Friday morning. His room is always neat and picked up when I go in to get things out of our supply closet. Needless to say, we like him. Elizabeth arrives tomorrow afternoon and stays until the 30th. It will be a good visit. Not too short. She is moving back home at the end of January.
Steve has had a good/bad week. He has been in an excellent mood and really full of it sometimes. He is really been joking lately. He has had several days where he has been really tired and rested most of the day. These days are good for him. Today was one of those days. We went to breakfast and he has rested until now 5:20. We had a Grasslands' Christmas party last night. Everyone thought he looked great, which is true. He has some better color in his cheeks and I think he is still gaining weight. He has been eating quite well. He did get sick a time or two this week, but nothing serious. He has liked having Koleen and Shawn around. He is really looking forward to having everyone here for the holidays. I am hoping that he does not wear himself out.
We have an appointment with Dr. P Monday afternoon. Like I have mentioned before, his incision is only the size of a pinky nail. It is healing nicely. I don't know if a doctor like Dr. P ever released a patient or not. I think we will have to go visit him less often than now, but still keep in touch. I'm not sure if they will keep him on his pain pills if he is no longer "open". I know the pain is less, but it is still there. We shall see.
Amelia and her boyfriend, Jeff, just stopped by. They are on their way to Springfield with a group to eat and have a good time. It is nice to be young and to be able to stay up after dark. Oh, those were the days :)
I will try to be a better "poster" from now on. I will now know what those gnawing feelings are when I get them. I will know to react to them and head straight to the computer and talk to you.
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment