Monday, December 6, 2010

Good little helper

Steve felt better today.  In fact, he was my good little helper.  He folded a couple loads of laundry and chopped the chicken for dinner.  It has sure made my night easier.  I think someday, he will make some one a good wife.  :)  I think he is still feeling well.  He ate a good supper.  I made a new dish.  I got it from a magazine.  It was a Velvetta chicken.  It had cork screw noodles, Rotel, broccoli, and chicken. It was a very easy dish and a keeper.  Steve ate two huge helpings.  He is not contemplating go to Summer Fresh to pickup some more ice cream sandwiches.  Aubree and Amelia found his last stash.  He is excited because he discovered that they make them in mudslide flavors.  He is eating the last regular one and then he is going to get a new box.  If he keeps eating ice cream sandwiches, he might have to wear his bigger jeans again.  Wouldn't that be great.  He is still really tired today.  My guess is he will kick it in early.

Found out that Missouri is headed to Tempe, AZ for the Insight Bowl.  They will play Iowa (Hawkeyes).  I think it is on Dec. 28 (don't quote me on this fact).  I will have to look it up again later to be sure.   There are a million bowl games.  I think there is at least one a night starting on the 18th and then some days have more than one bowl game.  It is unreal.  Remember the days when there were just a couple of bowls and it was a real honor to play in one?  I think bowl games have become a money maker for the sponsors and I hope the schools.  I would be really curious how much money is made and what percentage goes to the schools that are playing.  I'm sure it is available on the Internet if I would just take the time to look.

I made the California rolls yesterday.  They sure were good.  Steve even liked them enough to have them for lunch today and request I make some more soon.  He told me to scout for some new ingredients to make them with.  The rolling was not as difficult as I thought it would be.  I have been looking for some ideas.  I can't wait to go to the oriental market in Springfield again.

No comments:

Post a Comment