Happy Birthday, Brian!!!! Big 7! My how you have grown up to be such a big boy! Uncle Steven and I are thinking about you on this special day!
I just looked at the statistics for my blog and for the month of November. It was viewed 539 times. Holy Moly! That is a bunch of views. I just want to say thank you. Seeing that number makes Steven and I feel very special. This blog is not available through a search. The address has to be shared by word of mouth. We are so lucky that we have such a large support network. Thanks for being part of that network. I only hope that I have not bored you with the day to day dribbles of our life.
Steve had another super day. He is feeling great. He has been up and running around all day. This morning he was unsure how he felt, but once he got up and going, it was a great day. After I got home from school, we went to eat at his favorite place, Hog Wild. He likes to eat there when it is close to chemo because he likes it and it is something he can't eat when his stomach is acting up. We are home now and watching a DVD. We are watching the Expendables. It is the movie with as Koleen put it, "All the old action heroes". You will recognize names like Stallone, Statham, Li, Lundgren, Couture, Austin, Crews, Rourke, and Willis. Arnold made a quick appearance but not a big role. So far, we have seen the first five minutes and I'll bet 25 people have been shot, blown-up, or stabbed. The other thing I have noticed is how old these guys look. I guess it is a sign that we are all looking older except we don't do it on the big screen. I'd like to think that there is still some super hero left in them no matter how old they get. It's kind of like old rock and rollers. We really try to remember them the way they were in the "good old days" when their music rocked our world. That's why I don't think I can go to concerts anymore. It just breaks my heart to see them old.
We have chemo tomorrow. We have a 1:30 lab appointment, 2:30 appointment with the doctor, and then we have chemo. I am taking a half day. We are going to Springfield a little early so we can take care of of some errands. I want to run past an oriental market to get the stuff to make California rolls. That is my new thing. I also have to run past AT & T because my phone does not receive texts. Funny thing, I really don't miss it. I have just missed some messages from the kids. Nothing important. Who knows, we may hit a couple of other places if time allows or he is feeling ok after his treatment. I'll post tomorrow and let you know about our adventures.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment