Saturday, December 11, 2010

Weekend News

I can't believe I have not posted since Wednesday.  We have not really had an eventful past few days.  Friday night we attended a birthday party for my dear friend, Mona.  It was at the Bean.  She does such a cool thing.  She has her guests bring toys for a local toy drive.  This is very typical of Mona.  She is such a giver.  She is a wonderful woman and a very dear, dear friend.  I am really blessed to have her in my life.  I got to give Mona a little back Friday night.  Her son is in Prague teaching kindergarten.  Koleen and I set it up where he would call my computer on Skype at 7:00.  I had the computer at the Bean and Mona and Brad(Mona's husband) got a nice visit with their son.  He got to wish his mother Happy Birthday from across the world.  It sure made me feel good to see her smiling while talking to Ben.  We stayed at the party for about an hour and a half. This was wonderful for Steven to get out.  He was feeling fairly well but by the end of the night, he was really tired. We went straight to bed when we got home.

Last night around 1:30, Steve woke up and moved to the chair in the living room.  He could not sleep and did not feel well.  He really couldn't put his finger on what was wrong, but he just didn't feel right.  He slept in the front room.  When I checked on him in the night, he had moved to the couch.  We woke up around 8 and he moved to the bed.   He stayed in bed until about 11.  We were babysitting Aubree, so she and I went to the Veterans Home to visit Betty.  We lucked out.  It was the Marine Corp. Christmas party.  We attended with Betty.  We had a really nice time, and I think Betty did too. She got a really cool fleece throw with the Corps emblem  on it.  Once a Marine, always a Marine. She is very proud of her Marine service.  We are very thankful for her and all the others who served so we could enjoy the freedoms we enjoy.  We came home and went to McDonalds for lunch.  It is one of Aubree's favorite places to go.  She loves her Happy Meal and apples with catsup.  Yes, you read right catsup.  She is a very unique child.  The rest of the day, Steve rested and watched TV.  I also took a nap.  I fried some chicken chunks so they would be ready for dinners this week.  Earlier this evening, we saw Cam Newton with the Heisman.   He is the one we wanted to win. The only problem with the awards is when they speak afterwards.  Sometimes they should just say a simple thank you and move on.  Thanking everyone in the world gets a little long.  I took a hot tub, but it was cut short because the wind kept whipping around my head and giving me an earache and headache.  The wind has been howling here all day.  It was spitting little snow when I came inside.

We are planning on going to church in the morning if Steve feels well enough.  I think he just over does it and his body can't keep up with his mind.  He also thinks he is catching a cold.  I really, really hope not.  I am really concerned about that.  He takes vitamin C but only 500 mg.  I take the Emergen-C drink which is 1000mg.  I have tried to get him to try but he is pretty set that he doesn't need to take anything else.  I think it couldn't hurt.  It has kept me feeling ok so far this fall/winter.  I hope he doesn't get sick.  I am not sure how he will react to an illness right now.  I'm afraid it will weaken him and take him forever to recover.
I am hoping after church, we can just have an uneventful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment