Thursday, December 2, 2010

30 minutes in chemo

I know.  I couldn't believe it either.  Today's chemo only took 30 minutes.  Since he is not taking the Cisplatin, he does not have to take the big bag of pre-liquids, which took about 1 hour.  He does not have to take the 2 hour Cisplatin and the post liquids and drugs.  We were in and out before I could even get settled.  Also we got other good news.  The Aliptia (the drug he can take) should not be so rough on him.  They told us today that he did not need to take the Emend he takes  before his treatment and for the next two days because he would not be as sick to his stomach.  He will also not be as fatigued.  We are thrilled with this news.  This evening he is not feeling poorly at all.  He is tired, but we had a full day.  We also found out that we don't have to go back until Dec. 30.  He was scheduled on the Dec. 23, but they worked with us to reschedule so he would not have to have a treatment before Christmas encase it makes him even a little sick.  We are so lucky that the people at Dr. Hoos' and the Infusion Center take such good care of us. They are so nice and accommodating.   He also got his third B12 shot today.  He has to get it every 9 weeks of treatment.  That means we have been in treatments 27 weeks.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  It seems to have dragged, but yet it is hard to believe it has been that long.  He will have two more treatments in this cycle and then they will do more scans...at least that is the plan for now.  We just have to be flexible and let the doctors do what is best for Steven.  Oh, I almost forgot to mention that he weighs 163 pounds.  (No, he was not wearing his coat or his heavy winter boots)  He is really gaining weight. Yea, him !!!!!

Today was the day that the house cleaners came.  I am happy to report that I am very pleased with what I saw when I came home.  They did the upstairs and will come back to do the downstairs tomorrow mid-morning.  When we walked in the door, it had a nice clean lemony smell.  This sure takes a load off my mind and shoulders.  With him feeling better, I want to spend every minute I can with Steven.  This will help with that.  Just another of my many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment