Yesterday was a busy day so I did not have time to post. We had Aubree's Christmas program at school. It was at 7:00. It was so much fun. The kids were really a treat to watch. They were really jamming down to the Christmas tunes. I don't have any pictures because I was in a seat where it was impossible to snap pictures. Amelia has some. I need to get them from her to post. She was one beautiful little girl.
The past couple of days Steve has not felt well. He has been really really tired. He has not done anything special. Today he fixed warmed up lasagna, garlic toast, and soda. It is so nice when he takes care of me. After school today we had to run to Springfield to run a few errands.
One of the stops we needed to make was the Oriental Market on Campbell. This is where the adventure starts. Steve got some of the candy he likes so well. They remind me of Starbursts. He got orange and strawberry flavors. We also picked up several new sauces: spring roll and ginger. I go some sesame oil, chop sticks, spring roll wrappers, and, of course, chop sticks. We are excited about trying some new dishes. I can't wait to make spring rolls. I did make the California rolls with the ingredients we purchased last time. It was fun. I used crab, rice, avocado, seaweed sheets, and cucumbers. I made the rice with rice vinegar. It was really sticky. They wrapped nicely. I did learn to cut the things into thin strips because it makes it easier to roll. I made four rolls. We ate them for dinner and several lunches. I got some wasabi (horseradish sauce) too. It really opens up the sinuses if you get to much on your bite. Steven didn't try it. Today I got wasabi peas. They are great little snacks. I'll keep you posted on our Oriental adventures.
We are not watching American Pie 2. I love this movie. I'm not sure it is Steve's type of movie, but he is being a good sport and watching it. I think sometimes you just need to watch stupid and laugh. It will make you fell better. Believe me, American Pie 1 and 2 crack me up.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment