Hello Friends,
It has been a while since I posted. I actually have an excuse this time. My computer is buggered. It was at the Geek Squad at Best Buy but now it is on route to the big Geek Squad Headquarters There are issues with the memory and possible the mother board. I don't really understand all of it, but I find comfort that it is covered under the warranty. They thought it would be at least two weeks. I am borrowing K's now and will be able to use the school's when she leaves.
We had an excellent holiday. I think everyone got what they wanted. Santa was good to all. Steven got some new hunting boots and I got some new bird feeders. I was soooo excited. Since Steve has been feeling better, he might get to "try" out his new boots. We had a celebration with my parents last Wednesday. We had all the girls, Aubree, my parents and Steve's parents for lunch. Thank God for Honey Baked hams. We celebrated with the girls on Christmas morning. We had the Doss Christmas yesterday. We had an excellent meal-prime rib. Zack and Blake fixed the meat. Everyone ate until they were stuffed (as always). We did not play Bunko this year. We played Doss Minute to Win It. Mike was the one in charge of the games and did an excellent job. Everyone had a good time. All ages played and all got good laughs. The Nasty Santa game was fun as always. The popular gifts were a pruning saw, a chamo jacket, and of course, liquor. I got a a nice candle centerpiece for the dining room table. It is nice to see all the family. They little kids have grown so much. Grandma always out does herself.
The girls are all here until later this week. I believe Koleen is leaving Wednesday morning. She has picked up several shifts over late this week and the weekend. She will be back next Tuesday or Wednesday. She will be here until Jan. 12 or so. After that, she will be back at Columbia. Elizabeth is here until Thursday. She flies out at 3:40. She will be back at the end of January or the first of February. She will stay with us until summer or so. After that, she will move to San Antonio to attend UTSA. I am unsure of the career direction she will be taking. I will let you know when I am certain. Amelia does not have to go back to work until next Tuesday.
We have chemo this Thursday. Steve has been doing great. In the mornings, he feels good, but as the day wears on, he starts to fail. The time change has played havoc with his schedule. He thinks that when it is dark, it is bed time. It is really difficult to keep him up late. Tomorrow night will be a real challenge. The Insight Bowl is on but does not start until late. Samurai is wearing his MIZZOU bandana already in preparation for the big game. Aubree also has a matching bandana. She also got some MU bling for Christmas: tiger purse, tiger hat, and tiger earrings. We are hoping for a big victory.
Steve has not been sick this round, just tired. His legs are really bothering him. We are going to talk to Dr. Hoos about this. We are unsure why they would be so sore. Luckly, he has avoided the nastiness that has been going around. We are really trying to keep him healthy.
Monday, December 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment