Monday, October 11, 2010

Rainy nights and Mondays

During supper, it started raining.  By the time we were finished, it was pouring and the sky to the east and south were really really dark.  We looked on the National Weather Service site and saw that there was a red and yellow cell by Joplin.  It looks like we will be getting storms for a while.  We sure need a little moisture.  It is getting dry again.

Steve had a wonderful day.  He woke up, and decided to go to the Wise auction.  It was a place where they sold lumber:  Wise Lumber.  I am not sure what he was looking for.  It was a great day to be outside.  He stayed there quite a while.  He got to visit with several people that we don't see very often since we no longer live at the farm.  To my knowledge, he did not buy a thing....but we must keep in mind, that I have not checked out any of his hiding places yet.  I don't care.  It is just fun to give him a hard time about things like that.  Who knows what he could have brought home.

He felt good until late in the afternoon.  Apparently, he was on his way home and started feeling sick.  He did make it home before he did get sick.  I was not home because I had a parent meeting.  When I got home, he was resting.  He rested until supper.  He ate a good meal and is currently watching Pawn Star reruns.  He is sitting in the "Lazy-boy" and playing with Samurai.  Samurai has to be careful with Steve because I think if Samurai got tough he could take Steve down.  We are very lucky that Samurai is such a good boy.

Amelia is sitting at her computer working on some homework.  She is trying to figure out a book to read that she can write a literary analysis.  The teacher suggested books like Tom Sawyer or Huckleberry Finn.  I have thrown out several titles but she has not jumped on any.  I think she is researching some more titles.  So far, she has not decided on one.

Elizabeth is still in Europe.  She has left Spain and is now in France.  She is traveling by herself.  So far, all the people there have been helpful.  She is meeting several friends that live or are stationed there.  According to her email today, she is having a wonderful time.  I have not seen any pictures yet.  They are on Facebook so we have to use Amelia's password and account.  I'll keep you posted on her adventures.

Koleen is fine.  She is coming home this weekend for a visit.  It will sure be nice to spend some time with her.  We are planning on going to the pumpkin patch and getting our fall pumpkins so we can carve them soon.  We try to do normal things when she is home so that she feels like she is really at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment