Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Quesy

Yesterday I did not get a chance to post.  I am sorry.  By the time I settled down Tues. night, I was to lazy to get up and go get the laptop.  To be truthful, not a lot has been happening.  Steve is feeling poor to fair.  He has been really fatigued this time.  He has slept quite.  When he is sleeping, he is really out of it.  It has taken a little shake and a loud voice to wake him up most times.  Yesterday, he got up at lunch and fixed me soup, but I think that was a mistake.  When I got home, he was standing at the stove wobbling and swaying.  He was dizzy and really had no business making soup. He did eat dinner at the table last night, but went straight back to bed afterwards.  He was asleep when I ventured back there later and to the best of my knowledge, slept through the night except to go to the restroom.

Today, he called me and told me that he could not fix lunch.  He felt sick.  In fact, he confessed that he had been sick earlier in the morning.  He had Ramen for lunch and luckily kept it down.  He slept most of the afternoon.  When I got home from after school book club and the store, he was still resting.  I think he and not been resting very long because I think Aubree visited him when she got home.  She is at gymnastics now and is very happy about it.  She is wearing her new outfit so she will be able to go a great job on all the stations.  When Opa is better, we are going to go and watch her.  I fixed roast beef, mashed pots and gravy for dinner.  He ate a bunch and so far (fingers crossed) has kept it down.  His face is still really flushed.  I think he has been neglecting to take his nausea medicine and it just got the best of him.   Sometimes, when I am gone, he does not take his pills on time and gets behind.  For example, today he took is 11:00 pills at 3:00 and will have to either skip his 3:00 pills or combine them with his 7:00 set.  The only problem with that is he skips a dose of a couple of important pills.  I have been putting his pills by his bed so he doesn't even have to get up, but sometimes he just forgets...even after I remind him.  Hopefully, this queasiness will not last long.  I think it is very important that he keeps his calorie count up and doesn't loose what he gains with eating by throwing it up.

Tomorrow is our last day of school this week. We get out on Friday because of Apple Butter Makin' Days.  I'm afraid that if we had school, there would be so many gone, that the district would loose money.  I have not decided if I am going.  I would like to take Steve if he feels up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment