Thursday, October 7, 2010
Aubree Time
I took some pictures of Aubree at the Missouri Veterans Home. They have a nice fall display with pumpkins, mums, gourds, hay bales and more.
Before I begin telling about Steve, I must share a funny story about Aubree. I am babysitting tonight while Amelia is at a "family night" thing at her job. After dinner, Aubree decided she wanted to take a bath. She striped down and jumped into the bubbly water. She looked at me and said," Oma, go in there with Opa. This is my private Aubree time." I had to really chuckle because that is exactly what I say to her when I am taking a bath and she and Samurai decide to come for a visit. " It is Oma's private time." It is amazing the things they pick up. :)
Steve is doing much better today. When I came home for lunch he was still resting in bed, but he had snacked on 1 1/2 "ultimate cheese rolls", an iced glass of V8 and a glass of orange juice with his medicine mixed in. I was very proud of this. I guess he learned to eat with his medicine. He did not say he had stomach problems. He did complain that when he gets up and moves around he gets dizzy. I think that is because he has been sleeping and down flat for so long, it takes a while for his body to get used to being vertical. For supper, we surprised him with McDonalds. He had two, yes two, fish sandwiches. He loves those things. Aubree got him a root beer, too. They both really like relaxing and having a nice cold one.
He is resting now. We were there playing Ipad and posting but he started to get restless so we came to the front room to practice our letters and post. We are watching Nebraska and Kansas State. I am trying to raise Aubree right. She can MIZ-ZOU and she can recognize Tigers, Missouri, and MU on our t-shirts. A future tiger?
I must brag on Steve. Last night he rolled over and actually had his knee in my back. I am thrilled to death about this. He has only been sleeping on his back since Feb. 12. Sometimes, he accidentally rolls on his side, but immediately rolls back and complains about the pain. Last night, he slept that way for a long time. I asked him this morning if his side hurt any worse than normal, and he said no. WEEEEOOOOO!!! This is great. Hopefully, the healing process is advancing and he will start to feel a little better. He has several issues with pain: his inside around his lungs, his incision, his side, and the general yucky chemo pain (just not feeling well).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment