I really don't have a lot to tell about today. It was really just a run of the mill day. Steve stayed home again and caught up on his rest. He did leave the house to get a Big Nickel and Mt. Vernon paper. He is on the prowl for a muscle car. His dream car is a 68 GTO. He has located one in Miami, OK, but purchasing it is another thing. He is willing to do odd jobs for loose change. Of course, his work hours and duration are limited so it may take him quite a while to fill that piggy bank. He is in great spirits tonight and the odd jobs comment was his idea. He is here with a great big grin on his face. Funny Guy, Steve. I love it when he is feeling better. It makes me feel like the old Steve is back. His sense of humor and orneriness return if only for a little while. This gives me hope.
I do have to say that the battle has begun. Last night, it got down to 39 here. Of course the house was not that cold, just 71. He woke up "freezing". So, today he turned on the house heater and it is now on. He set it at 75, which doesn't seem like it is bad, but now the air conditioner is off and there is not air circulation. I must tell you that it is warm in our bedroom. I have finally convinced him to turn on the overhead fan. I am a little worried because he put the remote control on his bedstand well out of my reach. He thinks he is being tricky. If the truth be told, if he turns it off, I'll just wait until he is asleep, turn it on, and cover him up with another blanket. I tired to tell him that maybe he needed some flannel jammies, but I got no reply to that suggestions. I think they might make some with footies in his size. :)
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment