Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Battle lost

I must confess that I lost the battle of Steve going to his parent's today.  First off, I could not get him to stay awake for more than a minute or two this morning.  I would have never made it to the truck with him.  He slept all morning long.  He did get up and have some breakfast...several little pieces of red velvet cake that his mother sent home with him Monday. Very nutritious.  I came home from school and he was still resting.  He did not really wake up.  After running errands after school, I came home.  He was still in bed.  Apparently, he woke up in the afternoon and made his lunch.  He had leftover ham and beans, several small cans of V-8, and more velvet cake.  Of course, he had a major stomachache.  I think he had way too much acid in his stomach.

I made some Asian chicken and rice for supper.  He ate several helping of the chicken, and it make his stomach stop hurting.  I think it absorbed the massive amount of acid he had built up.  He liked it and told me to make it again.  He was not very crazy about the rice.  Truth be told, I didn't care for the rice either.

After supper, he went back to the bedroom.  He watched the shows I recorded for him last night.  He liked the American Restoration show, and of course, he loves Pawn Stars.  He got his Chumlee fix and is doing much better.  He has stayed up since 5:30.   He is starting to get tired.  I am so pleased that he feels better tonight.  I was starting to get concerned. In fact, I told him if his stomach hurt in the morning, I was going to call Dr. Hoos' office.  With his pills tonight, he took a Pepcid AC pill.  I think that might have helped him too.  I hope he has a restful night.  Sometimes when he sleeps nonstop for days, when he is up and tries to sleep again, he can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment